The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

fixed my idle surge! but other problems

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wicked93GS

20+ Year Contributor
Nov 26, 2002
Nashville, Tennessee
well, after replacing the throttle body, ISC, EGR valve, and whatever other sensor was on the TB, my idle surge went away, I'm assuming it was the ISC that was bad, but anyway, I no longer have idle surge...however, when I first start it up it wants to idle around 500-700 RPMs....a bit low for my taste...I like 750-900, anyway it only stays at that low idle until it warms up, after that it will idle high, between 1200-1500, I've tried playing around with the BISS but this doesnt really seem to help much, oh, and the engine also now makes a hissing noise, like theres a vaccum or air leak somewhere, however I know the vaccuum lines are fine because I replaced all of them when I swaped out the TB with all its sensors....I made sure the gasket surfaces were clean before putting it on, I just cant figure out what the hissing is, any ideas would be helpful for either of these problems, maybe the hissing is just smoother flowing air through my cleaned up TB, which before had pretty heavy carbon deposits, and my intake manifold still does have rather large carbon deopists, but short of taking it somewhere to get it cleaned I cant clean it out without knocking all kinds of crap in the head, but anyway, thats another matter....help please!

The hissing noise might be the rubber o-ring on your BISS screw.. the reason why the BISS probably isn't working is because the o-ring has deteriorated.. replace thats, its #5, or 1/4" at your local home depot.

I checked the BISS o-ring before I swapped in the TB, it hasnt deteriorated anyway...whether or not its any good is another matter entirely, thanks, I'll tray that

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back