The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Rix Racing

Fitting size on head???

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

candela

20+ Year Contributor
May 10, 2002
Austin, Arizona
I want to buy on oil pressure gauge, and want to tap it into the head where the stock oil supply line comes from. I found a kit that autometer sells for 10 bones that comes with copper lining, and 3 different sleeves that all fit the stock one that comes with the gauge. My question is, do any of you know the size fitting/threads in the head where the oil supply line come out of on a 1G? I think it might be 1/4", which would be perfect as that kit come with an 1/8" to 1/4" adapter that will work fine with the gauge, and that would leave me with the perfect place for oil pressure. Any help would be appreciated.;)

You mean the turbo oil supply line, or are you talking about the hex head plugs? The oil supply line opening is M12x1.25. Not sure about the plugs.

I dont even know about plugs??? Im talking about the lower left (when looking at the front) side of the motor, where the turbo oil supply line (sorry should have specifies "turbo" huh...) come out and goes to the center section. That is where I would like to tap my gauge, as Ive already taken one spot on the oil filter housing for the braided ss oil supply line. I figure the head is a good source for pressure, and just want to know what the size is. So you say its metric ehhh, I guess it will be hard to find an adapter then.

Dur I'm a retard, it's M10x1.25, I think it might be the banjo bolt on the turbo that's m12.

Go to http://www.anplumbing.com/shop/, part number 9919BFC for a
-4an adaptor, or 9919DFC for -6an. I'd recomend -4an and TFE lines and fittings.

Don't get a mechanical gauge, you really don't want to be running a line with 220 degree oil into the cabin. Get a electric gauge. For the Autometer gauges you need to get a -4an to female 1/8" npt adaptor, part number 968704.

I would go mechanical, but the pressure sensor sticks way out an gets in the way of everything. BTW thanks for the sizes...

hey! i also intalled the autometer oil pressure gauge only i made my own kit. bought 8 feet of 1/8" copper tubing, a 1/4" threaded T fitting so i could just remove the oil pressure sender and put the t tehre... screw the sender back into the T fitting then on the 3rd peice put a 1/4" to 1/8" adaptor and ran the oil pressure line to the oil gauge. DONT forget to use lots of form-a-gasket stuff. if you dont you might end up with a seized engine. i loaded it up everywere and didnt have one drip of oil come out.

by the way mechanical gauges are fine man. you just gotta use your head and you will be fine. ive had my gauge in for about a month and have no problems. plus its more accurate instead of taking a junky electrical readout.

I agree, I have one on my civic...plus it makes cool squishy noises! Thanks for the input, I think Ill try that...

You're going to be pretty sad about the pressure you get off the head. You want to monitor it at the oil filter housing.

Thats qhy I wanteds it from the head, as I would like a low reading to know what my lowest is. Plus thats a pretty crucial area...you think I should tap into the other spot on the housing?

Well there is a oil restrictor in the head, to keep the lash adjusters from getting too much pressure at high RPMs. It won't really be that accurate. There is another plug in the filter housing that is 3/8" npt that you could use.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back