The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

First Xmasta now me

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

greenmeanie99

15+ Year Contributor
Feb 3, 2005
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
This story sounds way to similar. ROFL

Yeah Saturdaynight I took my car out to "the circuit" where people go to race downtown. Anyways I was at 8psi and I made a few runs with an 05' STi. He pulled on my by about 3 lengths. So I let the car cool down for about 5 min because they were hard runs. Turn it back on and I got a flashing CEL. On top of that rough Idle. So the next morning I fixed boost leak I noticed prior to. I saw an oil leak under my car. The return had just been tightend and I wasnt sure why. I turned the car on and noticed white smoke in the engine bay. Damnit it was coming out of the breather :mad: I put two and two together. I fried a ring. Now its not half as bad as the mess Xmasta has but there is smoke coming out of the engine.

STep1 Get a catchcan

Step 2 a beater car

Step three bottom end rebuild OMG

yeah 420a's officially can not take boost.

That is the plan (a rebuild).

I was hoping that it would have at least held 5 psi which is what the actuator was set at. It spiked up to 8psi in 1st. It was running plenty rich aswell it didn't detonate.

siueclipse said:
420a's can take plenty of boost if you build them. Since you decided to go beat the hell out of the car by racing a car you can't beat, you paid the price for it.
For once, I agree with SIU.

Sorry, man. I know people running 10lbs daily on stock bottoms. It's all in the tuning. Maybe God just hates you? How long has it been since you went to church? :p

Its been awile :cry:

I doubt its the tuning. The piston didn't detonate, the car is running rich.

Predetenation man. Thisis exactly what happend to my motor before I got it rebuilt. I had 370cc injectors in there with a vortec FMU 12:1, and SAFC2, at first I thought I could regulate the fuel with the SAFC2,but obviously that wasn't working, so I was about a day away from buying my SFMU, when boom white smoke coming from the crankcase, fried the rings.

Now I understand you had the 1:1FPR which I thought would work too, but maybe something happend to it while racing. But being too rich is bad too, I found that out the hard way, and thats why my car is still in the shop today even after my install and rebuild, I'm re doing my whole fuel system with steel braided lines and I'm doing a fuel return line on the other side of the fuel rail. Regulate with the areomotive 1:1, and run the emange and electronic boost controller,

no more spiking, and hopefully no more fuel problems, and I think I'm gonna be going to church more now too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back