The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

first time @ track with new car

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GST StreetRacer

20+ Year Contributor
Apr 11, 2002
FloridaUS
hey guys, i got a 92 tsi awd this week, all i've done to it is basic maint. stuff, plus greddy boost and egt gauge, MBC @ 1.2bar(~16psi??) and k&N filter.

i got four runs done, first one was boost @ 0.8bar, 15.4 @ 84mph, 60' time was 2.1, i dont know why i cant just get it down to 2.0 or 1.9, i think clutch is slipping a little.

second i fiddle with the mbc and it actually lower the boost to about 0.7bar, results 15.7 @ 80mph, 60' time was 2.3.

third i finnally get the mbc to work properly and get .9bar, 15.4 @ 83mph, 60' was 2.2.

fouth and final, mbc @ 1.2bar, 15.0 @ 87mph, 60' time was 2.1 and i got a little wheel hop on the front.

over all i'm happy with the time, i'm not experienced with awd, i used to drive a 95 gst, but i think i did pretty good considering the mods
:thumb:

What RPM's are you launching at???

You have to get your 60 feet down to at least 1.8-1.9, and you will have a chance of cracking 14's.

I launch at 5500 rpm's and my best 60 foot was 1.789, but I average 1.8's with a stock clutch.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back