The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

First time out with a staging brake

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

No problem. I found it doesn't need to be slipped much at all. If you slip it too much it will bog. Is that what it is doing? It looks like you have a 2g, did you remove the restrictor?

This clutch is very capable! Mine has five seasons of racing on it and still working great.
Yea, I don't blame the clutch. I've been launching the car with it since 2011 and I just pulled my trans a few weeks ago and it looks great still...

In the past if I slip it too much I'm riding the clutch coming off the line and it makes for a slow launch, if I dump it the car just bogs because I get too much traction with the Hoosier radials so RPM's drop. Last season I finally figured out the RPM I needed to launch it at to get the tires turning without bogging but I was having issues with the car after hitting the rev limiter leaving the line I'd lose a cylinder. The car's been a PITA the last couple years, hoping I get all the bugs out of it and can figure out the front half of the track.

do know the difference between the staging brake with the resevoir on it compared to the one without. they sent me the one with and if its better i will keep it.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back