The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

First time DSM owner

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How many miles are on your car? If you've gone over 75k miles, I wouldn't worry about crankwalk too much. I'm glad our weather in the Cinci area is finally clearing up so I can get back in my garage.

My car is pretty high milage 150k+ I treat it well. I get a lot of complements for the way it looks, rides, and sounds for an older car. I'm keeping it rather stock outside just doing more research on suspension. The current suspension is stock and in great shape so there's no rush there. I am waiting on some parts to get everything going on the build I do worry a bit about crankwalk but have done enough reserach to minimize it and kept in mind that it's inevitable. If it happens it happens. More project time for me :)

So far I have intercooler, piping, Big 16g turbo, Innovate wideband, 780cc PTE injectors, Walbro 255LPH fuel pump, FPR, Waiting on Jpipe insatl kit and exhaust in the mail. Ordered a clutch but we had a bit of miscommunication and got a refund for that so I'm in the market. Also ordering a downpipe this week. Not bad for having the car and not knowing anything about DSM a few weeks ago. Been learning tons on this site and guys that text me on the daily about my car and advise.

Not sure if this is allowed but this is my colection of parts. Pic is too large for server
https://www.dropbox.com/s/piohjpm58tgirqq/20150311_074026.jpg?dl=0

Do yourself a favor and stay away from ACT clutches. A Tim Zimmer spec South Bend would work just fine for your goals.

A TMZ clutch would be a bit overkill for my goals.... I believe. I'm only shooting for 350WHP. Would a SouthBend K05048-HD- O do the job?

You will max out that clutch pretty much right away, and wear through the organic disk pretty fast. Your call, but the SS-Series pressure plate with TZ-series full Kevlar disk is a much better option for your power levels as well as a significantly longer lifespan.

twicks69, Thanks for your input. I have researched up and down about clutches and it seems that everyone has their opinion. I want to leave my car streatable and that's my gaol as well as power. My problem like most professionals is that I have a fulltime family and droping that amount of money seems crazy. My family supportts my build and they all, including my girlfriend and daughters, have got underneath the car or helped in some ways. A local motorsport shop is allowing me to build an account to put money into weekly and be able to afford my clutch (Still in the works but nothing solid yet). Sounds kinda cliche or that I might be broke but a performance clutch plus install can easily reach over $1000 and with the speed I have been building and buying parts 1K will be out of reach if I don't come up with a plan. LOL. Everyone's inout has been great so far here, I love this site.

Here's some pics of my build. This is a complete family project and we all love this car. Putting in what's necessary but can be taxing at times. Even at both of my Salary and my girlfriends salary, we have a ton to take care of. Anyway, looking to have this done asap. Turbo is in, injectors are in, intercooler is in, Full 3" turbo back exhaust in, Tactrix 2.0 openport is in (I'm an IT pro so the tunning over the tactrix wasn't hard to figure out), only waiting on the oil return line I ordered and clutch that I'm saving for.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/piohjpm58tgirqq/20150311_074026.jpg?dl=0 (Last pic is of my buddy being a goofball

Love my Southbend SS setup that I bought from Tim! Nice feel to the foot, not stiff like ACT's tend to be.

Welcome to the DSM world! You're in for quite the adventure. I'm on my third Eagle Talon and first turbocharged monster myself, and it's been a wild ride.

Welcome to the DSM world! You're in for quite the adventure. I'm on my third Eagle Talon and first turbocharged monster myself, and it's been a wild ride.
It's been pretty wild thus far. This is the first turbo anything I own and even with the tiny T25 turbo it had in it we thought it was a pretty good and fast car. We just dropped a Big 16g in and are in the process of finishing up the build. Can't wait to see how 300hp+ feels in a tiny car. Lol

If you want a cheaper, but great quality alternative unfortunately with a bit more pedal feel, I also offer Competition Clutch products, in this circumstance, the full-face ceramic friction 2700# pressure plate kit (5048-2600) is a great choice and I also do stock these as they are very competent clutches at a lower price.

If you need further information, simply PM me.

It's been pretty wild thus far. This is the first turbo anything I own and even with the tiny T25 turbo it had in it we thought it was a pretty good and fast car. We just dropped a Big 16g in and are in the process of finishing up the build. Can't wait to see how 300hp+ feels in a tiny car. Lol

I'm doing a street build myself. Haven't done any upgrading yet. My engine's running with 207000 miles and it's still going strong, so I'm waiting it out. I want to see how far it can go with the factory engine. I've just been replacing odds and ends that go out like the coil packs and alternator. First upgrade will be the exhaust. My husband and I are looking at doing that the weekend I get my license back. Transmission's gonna need to be rebuilt soon. That I may have to go to IL for. I've yet to find a shop willing to touch it here.

I'm doing a street build myself. Haven't done any upgrading yet. My engine's running with 207000 miles and it's still going strong, so I'm waiting it out. I want to see how far it can go with the factory engine. I've just been replacing odds and ends that go out like the coil packs and alternator. First upgrade will be the exhaust. My husband and I are looking at doing that the weekend I get my license back. Transmission's gonna need to be rebuilt soon. That I may have to go to IL for. I've yet to find a shop willing to touch it here.
That's awesome, I'm excited for you. My first mod was a 3" catback exhaust. I did experience high boost levels after that so I recommend getting a real boost gauge. At stock I would hit 12psi and peak at 14psi, with only the catback mod I hit 14psi and peaked at 18psi. That's near fuel cut for me. I have a 98 eclipse with a flashable ECM so I adjusted accordingly but mind your upgrades and don't forget the tuning. I love my car. Once I get good with my fabricating and welding skills I might convert it to AWD just for a project and keep it street tuned. I'll soon be looking for a very cheap donor.

That's awesome, I'm excited for you. My first mod was a 3" catback exhaust. I did experience high boost levels after that so I recommend getting a real boost gauge. At stock I would hit 12psi and peak at 14psi, with only the catback mod I hit 14psi and peaked at 18psi. That's near fuel cut for me. I have a 98 eclipse with a flashable ECM so I adjusted accordingly but mind your upgrades and don't forget the tuning. I love my car. Once I get good with my fabricating and welding skills I might convert it to AWD just for a project and keep it street tuned. I'll soon be looking for a very cheap donor.

Nice! And really? I didn't know an exhaust would peak boost. I'm not doing a cat back. I'm just replacing the muffler with an Apexi megaphone dunk exhaust I've had sitting around waiting to be put on. Do you still think it'll peak?

Nice! And really? I didn't know an exhaust would peak boost. I'm not doing a cat back. I'm just replacing the muffler with an Apexi megaphone dunk exhaust I've had sitting around waiting to be put on. Do you still think it'll peak?
I'm indeed no expert but that was my experience. I would think it definitely would because you would be decreasing back pressure and increasing flow. Not sure what the data and math is using stock pipes but a catback exhaust from ebay did it for me. A ton of people would tell you to stay away from ebay junk but as long as you're not buying precision stuff like turbos and such you should be good. Best exhaust ever for $115 shipped from Cali to NE Wisconsin. Give it a shot just install aboost gauge to monitor boost pressure. A very wise investment.

I'm indeed no expert but that was my experience. I would think it definitely would because you would be decreasing back pressure and increasing flow. Not sure what the data and math is using stock pipes but a catback exhaust from ebay did it for me. A ton of people would tell you to stay away from ebay junk but as long as you're not buying precision stuff like turbos and such you should be good. Best exhaust ever for $115 shipped from Cali to NE Wisconsin. Give it a shot just install aboost gauge to monitor boost pressure. A very wise investment.

Ok. Well I posted a tech thread on it to double check since I'm not doing a cat back system yet. I just want my car loud and obnoxious while I work on upgrading. I'm thinking of just upgrading the turbo to account for higher boost, but My engine has such high mileage I'm worried it would be too much pressure on it.

Last edited:
This forum has done a lot for me so I just became a supporting member :) My engine is pretty high mileage as well but It's been rebuilt recently. I'm planning on buying another engine and just learning how to work on them myself. Every pay period I buy something for myself and it's usually car related, LOL. I'll be selling my stock turbo shortly after I get my car running so I can buy more parts. I'm so addicted at this point and I don't care. I can't stand loud cars but with the 3" exhaust it's not as loud as I thought it was going to be. Revving my engine is louder than my exhaust

This forum has done a lot for me so I just became a supporting member :) My engine is pretty high mileage as well but It's been rebuilt recently. I'm planning on buying another engine and just learning how to work on them myself. Every pay period I buy something for myself and it's usually car related, LOL. I'll be selling my stock turbo shortly after I get my car running so I can buy more parts. I'm so addicted at this point and I don't care. I can't stand loud cars but with the 3" exhaust it's not as loud as I thought it was going to be. Revving my engine is louder than my exhaust

Nice. Congrats! I'm unable to become a supporting member because I have a toddler. Lol. That's why my car is a slow going build. Daughter comes before car. Lol. I love loud. Exhaust has always been my first upgrade. I hate the fart can exhausts though. Lol

Updated: The build was a success. Just waiting on new clutch going in a few weeks and a better tune. I've scaled the injectors but afraid to run her hard at the moment. I'll let the professionals take care of her.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back