The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

First Time Drag Tips

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xXEclipse

10+ Year Contributor
Aug 30, 2010
Montrose, California
Me and a buddy are looking at going to the strip next Thursday just for fun. Any tips or info you guys can give me? He told me its 1/8 not 1/4

Be sure to go watch how to stage before making an idoit out of yourself. Also take it easy out of hole, if you feel it spin let off a little.

I see your in So-Cal, is irwindale the track your planning on going to?
Since you have a gst be prepared to feather the gar or you'll spin half the track. The first time I went there I spun almost the whole track.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

I see your in So-Cal, is irwindale the track your planning on going to?
Since you have a gst be prepared to feather the gar or you'll spin half the track. The first time I went there I spun almost the whole track.

Yup Irwindale Thanks for the tip, Ive worked on preventing wheel spin on the street, I can imagine how bad its gonna be on the track :rolleyes:

Ill be there on Thursday also with my car. Say what's up if you see me ill be in the green 2g with gold rims in the back and slicks in the front.

You should also look on their website to make sure your car will pass tech.

Dont rape the throttle off the line and bog down, pay close attention to you rpms (especially in 1st) most of all have fun :)

Ill be there on Thursday also with my car. Say what's up if you see me ill be in the green 2g with gold rims in the back and slicks in the front.

You should also look on their website to make sure your car will pass tech.

I've honestly been looking I can't find the rules/guidelines can you show me the link if it's not too much trouble?

Good advice on the throttle control. Go there with about 1/4 tank to save some weight. Take your spare tire, jack, tools, subs, etc out as well. Passenger and rear seats if you want to go extreme. Most importantly.... try not to break anything. Lmao

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Good advice on the throttle control. Go there with about 1/4 tank to save some weight. Take your spare tire, jack, tools, subs, etc out as well. Passenger and rear seats if you want to go extreme. Most importantly.... try not to break anything. Lmao

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

I've been reading around kinda worrying about overheating now, and how easy is it to take the back seats out? I've been wanting to do this for awhile

I'm usually at Irwindale every Thursday. Tech isn't too picky at all just be sure you have: All your lugnuts, battery tie down, a helmet (if your car's fast enough) and just generally nothing obviously ghetto like a gatorade bottle for your overflow tank.

I'm usually at Irwindale every Thursday. Tech isn't too picky at all just be sure you have: All your lugnuts, battery tie down, a helmet (if your car's fast enough) and just generally nothing obviously ghetto like a gatorade bottle for your overflow tank.

Ok, well I have a broken lug on my rear wheel, think they'll care?? And my battery is not tied down -_-

Most likely, yes. They may not notice the lug nut depending on which tech it is but they will definitely not let you run without a battery tie down :(

Car never had one :(
Just styrafoam holding it, wheres the best place to get the the tie down within a week?

I've seen some kits at autozone for battery tie downs. Mine never had it either. I just bought some threaded rod and a piece of a tie down I had from another car and it passed tech.

I made one for my car as well. I used the threaded rod from a honda civic battery hold down and a piece of 3/8" metal strapping from home depot. The threaded rod has hook on it to grab the bottom of the battery tray and the other end is secured with a washer and nut to the strapping. Then I bent/curved the strapping and drilled a big enough hole so I could bolt it down to the shock tower where the original bolted to. I never had a tech guy look twice at it. Let me see if I have any pics that show it.

Here it is, was easy to make and I even painted it black:
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I now have a oem hold down, not sure if it's different for a 2g though:
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Last edited:
Ill try and get or make a tie down, I guess the lug is my other concern, Ill take a pic lemme know what you guys think.

Also, the neutral safety switch, is that the switch by the clutch so you cant start the car without the clutch in?

Anyone want to comment on taking the back seats out?

Ill try and get or make a tie down, I guess the lug is my other concern, Ill take a pic lemme know what you guys think.

Also, the neutral safety switch, is that the switch by the clutch so you cant start the car without the clutch in?

Anyone want to comment on taking the back seats out?

The neutral safety idk what it is but I've never been told anything about it.
The back seats I wouldn't go through the trouble of taking them out on your first time to the track just go out and get a hang of it.

It's a white switch above the clutch pedal assembly your looking for. I think it's just called the clutch switch. Anyway if you pop your head under and look up you will see it. Don't disconnect the one the actual pedal that is for cruise control. You need to look farther up and there is a two wire white connector that's the one you want to unplug. Then just make sure you always leave the car in neutral and it will start without the clutch. To take out back seats is easy, first lift out bottom part by pulling the taps on front side there are two. The. You will see four 12 or 14" bolts holding the back rest down. Just remove those and the come right out. You probably won't see much gain from just the rear seats removed. I always take this out everything in the trunk and my passenger seat. That makes for a quick and easy weight reduction.

i see your in so-cal, is irwindale the track your planning on going to?
Since you have a gst be prepared to feather the gar or you'll spin half the track. The first time i went there i spun almost the whole track.

Sent from my droid2 global using tapatalk

all tracks here are 1/8.. The nearest 1/4 one is in l.a

Ok cool, cause I have my switch unplugged

It's a white switch above the clutch pedal assembly your looking for. I think it's just called the clutch switch. Anyway if you pop your head under and look up you will see it. Don't disconnect the one the actual pedal that is for cruise control. You need to look farther up and there is a two wire white connector that's the one you want to unplug. Then just make sure you always leave the car in neutral and it will start without the clutch. To take out back seats is easy, first lift out bottom part by pulling the taps on front side there are two. The. You will see four 12 or 14" bolts holding the back rest down. Just remove those and the come right out. You probably won't see much gain from just the rear seats removed. I always take this out everything in the trunk and my passenger seat. That makes for a quick and easy weight reduction.

Thanks! Took me 5 minutes

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back