The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

ECMlink First start, first time logging, first log...would someone take a look?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dat240zg

15+ Year Contributor
Aug 15, 2008
Rogers, Arkansas
So just got the car running for the first time since the motor rebuild. The car will run if I keep it at around 1500 rpms, but will not idle at all. It will shut off immediately if I let off the gas.

Specs on the car: '91 Talon, big 16G, FIC 850 injectors, Aeromotive FPR, ported/polished head, HKS 272's, new timing components, FMIC, HKS SSQV.

I'm attaching the log. I've read through the different documents about before you ask for help. I haven't been able to check mechanical timing as I can't keep the car running long enough to hook up my timing light. Honestly, don't want to waste anyone's time. If I've made a mistake, please let me know.

Attachments

• log.2022.07.04-01.elg
    41 KB · Views: 23
Mechanical timing is the alignment of the cam/crankshaft/rear balance shaft (if applicable). You're probably referring to ignition timing.

I see you have a WBO2 set in the front O2 (ECU Inputs) and narrowband sim enabled (NBO2 sim), but no WBO2 sensor type defined in ECU Inputs. Do you have a wideband you're feeding data from to Link? Try locking the ecu in open loop and see what happens. It's a helpful way to remove a number of variables from the equation.

Curt - you're right, meant ignition timing.

I realized that I didn't have many of the values selected that are needed. I went back and did another capture. I'm running my Innovate MTX-L through the front O2 sensor mount. Narrowband sim. Should I not have the WBO2 set to the front O2 if I'm doing NBO2 sim?

Thanks for your input.

Attachments

• log.2022.07.04-02.elg
    34.6 KB · Views: 24
Can see the files on my side. But try the basics like timing and vacuum leaks.

Curt - you're right, meant ignition timing.

I realized that I didn't have many of the values selected that are needed. I went back and did another capture. I'm running my Innovate MTX-L through the front O2 sensor mount. Narrowband sim. Should I not have the WBO2 set to the front O2 if I'm doing NBO2 sim?

Thanks for your input.
Only if you tied the MTXL output to the front O2 ECU input by soldering (best reliable method).

You then have to tell Link that the front o2 is no longer factory as described above.

I’ll change that tonight and record another log. I’ve dropped the fuel pressure at the FPR since the last log as well.

Last edited:
You have a lot of issues.
1) None of your pin assignments are setup.
2) You don't have an iat or map sensor setup
3) Simulate your idle switch with tps
4) Do a tps calibration. Tps voltage should be 0.63 at idle and throttle % should be 0.

Almost any gap, even installed straight up out of the box, will allow the car to start. We adjust the gap mainly to adjust for whatever is left of our ignition coil's strength and the boost level we intend to run.

I saw MAF type as being set to a GM 3" blowthrough..
Also, OP, just so you're aware, the TPS adjustment can be a bit of a pain because depending on where you are in the rotation, once things heat up it can increase -- usually only .02v from what I've experienced but still annoying. I try to shoot on the lower side of 0.63 bordering 0.61v.
The same thing can occur with throttle cable tightness if you go super-on-the-edge-of-tight. Once things warm up, it will pull a little bit and can turn 0% into 1% and 0.69v (or something similar)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back