The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

First run on EBAY 16g

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nice time, as said you are in the 12s with a better launch.

It's too bad the ebay turbos are not consistent as far as reliablity. A bunch more would be sold.

Amen. I've done a 13.5 Witha stock 14b and FWD. I am NOT bragging. But simply pointing out those results are for any turbo AWD car with half a turbo. . .and 1/4 the traction.

I didn't mean it was truly valid proof... I didn't mean to come off that way. :) Just trying to give the OP an idea of what is possible to achieve if you take care of your car and your turbo. :thumb: I just know people will make crazy claims without any types of numbers to back it up.

I will admit, I got lucky. My first ebay turbo from them was not so lucky it broke within a few days and they were willing to replace it since I told them I was trying to prove the validity of ebay knockoffs.. and it only had 200 miles on it at 14 psi(maybe i should have mentioned that part:hmm:) I wanted to be one of those ebay test dummies back then since nobody else wanted to try them out.. and i was cheap LOL... Then I got a good one the second time around.

I bought my turbo from xspower. I only remember because my manifold that came with it said that on there. Man that was a long time ago. And I only remember my manifold stamp because the manifold cracked at the collector a month later, I had it rewelded and it held up fine after that:D

To the OP: Please don't think I am trying to say they will all last anywhere near that. Most people are even surprised to hear of an original (not rebuilt) 7 bolt motor that has lasted 215k miles especially the way I have driven it.:p

BTW, I know that 99%of people will not get results like that. Even on a real evo3 16g.

What kind of failure did the turbo sustain in a few days?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back