The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

First Log with OBD gauge

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nito15

15+ Year Contributor
Jan 30, 2006
San Diego, California
I just got a logger this christmas and here is the first log. I was wondering if someone could point me to what adjustments should i make to the SAFC

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

running pte 780cc injectors, walbro 255 on the stock fpr. boost is set at 15psi on the t25.

Looks good, try and log less features that way you can get more time plots. Its hard to tune off a narrowband ecu, but just from that data you can take out some fuel if you have an afc or other tuning device, since the voltage is pretty high, meaning its probably quite rich. Try to log just timing, airflow, rpm, and 02 and see how those points look.

cool, which O2 sensor data should I keep to look at; 1 or 2?
-btw thanks for your input mang :thumb:

How about putting an FPR on the 255 so it doesn't overrun the stock FPR for starters. Next, please update your profile since that lists a 20G and not the T25 you say you're running now. Lest I forget, 780's on an AFC as your only tuning device is...hell I don't even want to go there.

How about putting an FPR on the 255 so it doesn't overrun the stock FPR for starters. Next, please update your profile since that lists a 20G and not the T25 you say you're running now. Lest I forget, 780's on an AFC as your only tuning device is...hell I don't even want to go there.

Agreed --

As for the data -- I also agree with reducing the options, remove O2 #2, coolant temp and air temp. You will be able to record a much higher frame rate with these off.

You will want to tune off of the O2 #1 at all times until you purchase a wideband O2 sensor. I would reccomend the PLX M-300 or similar piece from Innovate or Zeixtronix. All three are great tuning tools and are cost effective.

A couple of questions:
Which spark plugs are you using?
What type of fuel are you using?
Do you have a stock ECU? (not chipped)
Has your MAF been modified?
Do you have an accurate Peak/Hold EGT Gauge with probe in the #1 runner of your exhaust manifold?
Which AFC are you running, and what are your LOW/HIGH corrections with which RPM points that you are currently running for that log?

More than likely your answers should be:
Plugs - new NGK BPR7ES gapped at .028"
Fuel - 93 octane pump unleaded
ECU - stock with AFC
MAF - stock, unhacked
EGT - yes
AFC - please add your data

Back to your 1st post -- You are running a little on the rich side for a 2G. In the past I would run around 940-960 with the best numbers while keeping 22-23 degrees advanced timing under full throttle from 2000 through 7500rpms.

If you are seeing any where less than 20 degrees of timing, please add fuel. You want to keep a low knock count with minimal timing retard under throttle.

If I remember correctly, I was running around -22% for base numbers on LOW throttle on my SAFC (years ago).

Good luck with the tune, and purchase a wideband or dyno the car before going too far. Remember to check your plugs for detonation, lean or rich conditions.

Tim Zimmer

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back