The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

first generation eclipse or talon or second generation

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chknchokr2k4

Probationary Member
May 8, 2004
Reisterstown, Maryland
i would pick the second because of the look. but the engine in the first generation is a litle bit more powerful (I heard) let me hear what you think.

:dsm: :talon: :laser:

Peace

chknchokr2k4 said:
i would pick the second because of the look. but the engine in the first generation is a litle bit more powerful (I heard) let me hear what you think.

:dsm: :talon: :laser:

Peace

The 2nd Generation (7-bolt) has better compression and produces more horsepower stock than the 1st gen motor..but not much. The 6-bolt 1st gen motor is slower stock but it can take much more abuse..almost 100HP more on stock internals.

I would STILL pick a 2nd generation DSM even with the crankwalk issue going around and other problems. They are harder to boost performance at first because of a few characteristic changes but the potential is still there and it can be as strong as a 1st gen.

paranoidTSi said:
The 2nd Generation (7-bolt) has better compression and produces more horsepower stock than the 1st gen motor..but not much. The 6-bolt 1st gen motor is slower stock but it can take much more abuse..almost 100HP more on stock internals.

I would STILL pick a 2nd generation DSM even with the crankwalk issue going around and other problems. They are harder to boost performance at first because of a few characteristic changes but the potential is still there and it can be as strong as a 1st gen.

Well said..I agree. I would take a 97-98 Talon anyday over a 1G. But again..I would like to have both.

Plus the 2g is purty. But BEWARE! Having a 2g in no way makes you want a 1g less. I just need to get both.

I have both, 93 and 95. The 1G is a much better car, but I just like the 2G a lot more. Personal taste, mostly- but the interior of the 2G works so much better for me.

I already have two turbo 1gs i think im gonna go for a n/t 2g as a daily driver.

I always loved the 2nd gen body style, And interior as well. I guess I could have bought a 2nd gen now with all the money i paid for my car + all the mods that just got done, But I love it now. If I had enough money, I would definatly buy a 2nd gen, Crankwalk or not. They are beautiful cars.

I love the looks of the 2gb talons, but the best I could hope to afford now is a 1g, and out of those, suprise, I like the 1gb talons the best. I've always wondered what a 2g laser would have looked like though. :confused:

I like them both. Owning either one just makes u also wanna own the one you dont have :D

Im looking for a 1g AWD DSM myself right now..whether its a GSX or TSI AWD, ill be happy with it . Red or Black with good paint..is a very very sexy car IMO.

I had a 2G once. I still miss it. I love my 1G more though - it just always looks good, the 2G had a weird characteristic to look "lumpy" on occasion.

I love both of mine, except the 2g is lacking power, but it's being replaced soon with another 2g with a 4g63 in it :D

The only thing I don't like is going between each car. It got confusing at first since a few things are swapped around like the gas cap being on the other side, parking brake also on the other side of the console, and those damn automatic seatbealts! :p

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back