The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

First G50 Install.. W/Pictures

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

i know people kind of blew off the comp issue you posted earlier but it caught my attention. I would look into that compression problem bro after you get her dynoed or even before if it was me. You are off 10psi in 3 cylinders which is decient if you add them up. and 20 psi off in the 4th you are technically not in spec (14psi MAX within diff cylinders---and 133PSI is the service limit) stock comp for a 2g is 178-180psi across the 4. depending on the machine shop some people do shitty jobs man you really got to watch out for some of them (not knock yours at all just an FYI DONT ask how i kno this :) 2 of my buddies also are machinist), could have been a bad vavle seat cut ect ect. NOT trying to take anway any UMUFF from your big day but just being on the caution side like i always am:D im one annal F%^$k when it comes to my dsm.

Yeah.. i did look into it and why it was so different.. My co worker said i just didnt crank it like i did the others.. so it was off.. Either way.. And the machine shop did not mess up.. They are a VERY good shop.. Delt with them my whole life.. I dont care if the block goes.. Im sure it will hold... But if it doesnt... Built 6 bolt :hellyeah: on the way!!

[I dont care if the block goes.. Im sure it will hold... [/QUOTE]

you better find some wood or a F$%^ing tree to knock on my friend ASAP ROFL :applause::applause:
good luck with your dyno day btw hope all goes well youll be to reach that goal no problem go for 375

rob

HAHAHA oh i found some wood real fast LOL Im getting it tuned on tuesday to let everyone know.. numbers will be posted that day... thanks!

Eric

UPDATE

ok.. so I took my car to full fuction yesterday... Very dissapointed.. Sean said he just could not get it to make power.. It kept knocking. could not find out why.. barley made more power than my 16g.. :banghead: waste of a setup man...:cry:

He said i had to pull my head and port my combustion chamber. or switch to e85..
he did not give me a graph or anything.. Im done with the dsm for a while.. sorry guys

what size bolt is it that you used to fill the turbo water line banjo bolt at the block??

get methanol injection!

UPDATE

ok.. so I took my car to full fuction yesterday... Very dissapointed.. Sean said he just could not get it to make power.. It kept knocking. could not find out why.. barley made more power than my 16g.. :banghead: waste of a setup man...:cry:

He said i had to pull my head and port my combustion chamber. or switch to e85..
he did not give me a graph or anything.. Im done with the dsm for a while.. sorry guys

PM sent... give me a call we'll get to the bottom of this man!!! dont pull nothing yet!!

post some ECMlink logs so we can take a look at what might be causing your knock

Well. I just thought i would let you guys know.. I got pulled over.. they popped my hood and got me man.. :cry: Im considering parting out the car and selling it close to stock.. this sucks.. well.. ill let you all know what is gonna happen.. thanks guys

Eric

CA makes it seem like you were smuggling drugs in under you hood.

God, I'm glad I live Kansas!!

Well. I just thought i would let you guys know.. I got pulled over.. they popped my hood and got me man.. :cry: Im considering parting out the car and selling it close to stock.. this sucks.. well.. ill let you all know what is gonna happen.. thanks guys

Eric
That's enough to make a guy want to stuff a 60-1 compressor and TD06H turbine into a TD05H cover.

Wow, living in Ca must suck. Car Gestaponazi's, biggest welfare state in the US, and a GDP in the negative 10 billions (not to mention first state in double digit unemployment). Holy hell. Thank god for tax-haven Texas!

I would suggest moving :p

Eric

I don't get it.....why are you selling the car??? WTF. State Ref isn't hard at all.

hmmm ive been reffed and just converted completely back to stock. i mean sure. it was a pain in the ass and took two days of pretty much continuous work. but its worth it to live here no doubt about it. AND i passed with dsmlink leaned out a bit on 550cc's.

but if you CAN get it to pass, meth injection all the way. its definitely my favorite mod to date behind the capabilities of dsmlink. and im sure that turbo will awaken more at high boost than a 16g.

Yeah it blows hard.. and selling the car an parting it out is just a consideration guys.. not sure yet..

And i know the reff is not hard to pass.. I been there like 3 times.. gotta take out cam gears. AFPR, Injectors, E-prom, put stock downpipe on, take off the turbo and MBC, just a pain in the ass.. And im jus tired of it.. well see what happenes after i cool off in a few weeks.. ill prob be back in love with it hahaha.

There's no reason why you can't make 350 I've seen a bunch of evo316gs hitting 350 on pump. Go more aggressive with your tune as far as knock control if you're hitting 2.0 thats not a big deal don't worry until you're over 2.0, also don't worry about your timing as much if you aren't running race gas you're power is going to come from psi not timing advance. My GSX made 514 with 4 degrees timing on top on pump at 29psi...

There's no reason why you can't make 350 I've seen a bunch of evo316gs hitting 350 on pump. Go more aggressive with your tune as far as knock control if you're hitting 2.0 thats not a big deal don't worry until you're over 2.0, also don't worry about your timing as much if you aren't running race gas you're power is going to come from psi not timing advance. My GSX made 514 with 4 degrees timing on top on pump at 29psi...

LOL thats not the issue now.

he got reffed and has to take everything off.

LOL, lucky for you if you don't know! Here in CA if you a cop pulls you over and sees illegal parts they send you to the ref, and you cant drive the car until it passes the ref. (stock)

Last edited by a moderator:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back