The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

First Flatbed Ride, Worst Night Of Life

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GhostSpooLrTK

20+ Year Contributor
Sep 17, 2002
El Paso, Texas
:cry: My Car Dieeeeeed! My Car Died On The Worst Night Of My Life! :cry:

Well, this is a pretty tale, i hope you guys find some amusement out of all this misery, atleast then somebody gets something good out of all this bullshit.

Ok, Im a loser, and im totally obsessed with this one chick right, well she still has a boyfriend but we're really good friends and she talks alot about how shez attracted to me and slams her bf alot, all that good crap. Well last night she asked me to go bowling with her and her friends right. Well since i think shes the most beautiful, kind, cool, divine girl in michigan, i naturally go "HELL YEA!" So she picks me up at my house and we go to the Bowling Alley. Well we get in there and meet with all her friends who i knew most of em from school. Well we are there atleast 10 minutes, maybe 15, and her boyfriend comes walking in. Yay to the ackwardness. So i throw on the chill in corner mode and just talk with her friends while he acts kewl and i think he was saying shit about her going out with me or something like that.

Anyhow, Her and all her friends leave about 10 minutes later to go to a party. Needless to say i dont feel like being tag along any further so i opt to just go home. So she drops me off at home and im kinda upset , cuz i dont get a chance to ever go out with her. So naturally i begin my venting process..........I turn the DSM key.

Well i jet up on I69 , just doing like 80, nothing special, throw open the roof and listen to some music. I decide im going to go to Lapeer to watch the nights street races (its Imlay City's Prom Night So Theyll Be Out In Force) Well i get off the Highway and get on a side road to go to Lapeer, since all the cops are on the highway. Well i pull up to this intersection, stop, then push in my clutch, 1st gear, and start to pull through it, WHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM. My car feels like i just threw it in reverse with the Ebrake on.

MOTHER FUKKER! NO GOD NOT MY CAR! YOU TRAITOR.
I take so much shit in life its disghusting, but my car is my life, its all i have, ive never had a long relationship, ive never been rich, i dont have alot of friends who dont use me for my car or something else, and most of them have backstabbed me countless times. So my DSM is all i have.

Anyhow, I sat in the middle of this intersection from 11:30pm to 3am. The tow company i called, i TOLD THEM, send a Flatbed, what they do, they sent a normal ol tow truck 2 hours after i called them, so then the poor driver had to drive all the way back to his base and get a flatbed.

Well he gets a flatbed and trys loading my car, which is firmly stuck in gear, onto the car. Somehow he manages and it gets pulled on, we drive to my dads and drop it off.

Nights total, one scratched to pieces Blue Ice Pearl paint job, one damaged BLitz Rear Bumper, one chipped Shogun front lip, and one really sad teen. I hate my life :(

Well thats my story in a nutshell. It was fun being humiliated by every Highschooler on their way back from Prom. This was bar none, the WORST night ive ever had. I think i need to just sell my DSM, get a Metro and go back to working all the time. Nothing ever bad happened to me when i just sat around and worked all day. Whenever i try to go out and have fun or whatever bad shit always happens, god hates me i know it.

Well, hope you guys had fun.

Ghost is Outta Here.

Damn duder....i feel for ya.
Do not go with the metro idea. Just keep your head up and try to have more fun and it will overcome the bad times.
P.S. Try and make that towin company pay for some of the damages to your car...the ones they caused. Might make you feel better...maybe not.
:thumb:

Thnx Man - I know, I prolly wont on the metro, but i dont know about selling this car, i dunno, im still pretty just out of it , so ill give it some thought and such. Last night was just totally opposite of everything i wanted to go right and im just so depressed right now i could not be happier with life if i were to drop dead right now. I cant believe my DSM died! I hope its just the clutch or its going to cost so much if it was the tranny. god i hate this.

speaking of which, does anyone know a good clutch for a 95 Tsi AWD ? or any sites that cover installing one? the local Mechs want upward of 500 to install one, and there is no way i can afford that. thnx all

Welcome to owning a DSM. So far I'm on my fourth flatbed ride. I've gotten to the point where its amusing to use them. Atleast it was your tranny.

im only on two! woot.

both were caused by the freak occurance of a freeze plug shooting out the driver's side of my head. first just leaked all the coolant out causing me to overheat and warp the block. second time the actual plug rode up the timing belt and meshed with it in the exhaust cam gear, shearing it in half bending all 16 valves. i wasnt even driving the second time.

needless to say, that freeze plug is a tig-welded piece of half inch thick aluminum barstock now.

Nights total, one scratched to pieces Blue Ice Pearl paint job, one damaged BLitz Rear Bumper, one chipped Shogun front lip, and one really sad teen. I hate my life

How did you mess up your paint, bumpers, etc? That sucks though dude. Best of luck

the Tow guy pulled it up on the front end and that stretched out my rear bumper and stripped the paint off the under side of it, my muffler dug into the pavement and scratched to hell, and my front i think his chains came up and dug into it or something. grrr

I just hate this crap, i mean, i know , as far as DSM tragedy to the car goes, its pretty light (well i think, aslong as its just the clutch) but the other factors of the night just made everything so horrible , im still really bummed. Girls Suck, Cars Suck, Life Bites. LOL

Well, heres to another day, i feel a little better after me and my bro went to his work and sank a golf cart in one of the ponds =D whooops, hope he dont get fired =X

Originally posted by GhostSpooLrTK

Ok, Im a loser, and im totally obsessed with this one chick right, well she still has a boyfriend but we're really good friends and she talks alot about how shez attracted to me and slams her bf alot, all that good crap. Well last night she asked me to go bowling with her and her friends right. Well since i think shes the most beautiful, kind, cool, divine girl in michigan, i naturally go "HELL YEA!" So she picks me up at my house and we go to the Bowling Alley. Well we get in there and meet with all her friends who i knew most of em from school. Well we are there atleast 10 minutes, maybe 15, and her boyfriend comes walking in.

I used to chase that fffking whore. How do you suppose her boyfriend just "happened" to show up? She told him what she'd be doing, of course- you were set up by her so she could get the jealousy payoff from him. You aren't the loser, she and her friends are. Listen to some free advice you'll never take: change your circles. That c\/nt will be stuck in your head forever, but hit the road the other way, and do it now. Lonliness sucks, but doormat is worse. Look at the bright side: three years after they're married, she'll decide she "isn't growing" and it'll be his sorry ass writing the alimony and child support checks for the next twenty years while she goes on her sequential-monogamy binge until her looks give out.

If you didn't sign a waiver beforehand, the tow company owes you for any damage they did. Now's a good time to take it out on them. Get a $20 consultation from a good consumer rights lawyer in your area and sink you teeth into their ass- because you'll never get to do it to hers.:mad:

Damn Defiant....I feel like im talking to me later on down the road =X LOL Yea I know she prolyl did tell him too :mad:

well, as far as the tow company goes, if i do have them pay for dmgs against my car, does the guy who towed it get in trouble, because i feel bad enough for the poor having to get up at 1 in the morning and having to tow my ass. So i dunno

Damn Defiant....I feel like im talking to me later on down the road =X LOL Yea I know she prolyl did tell him too :mad:

well, as far as the tow company goes, if i do have them pay for dmgs against my car, does the guy who towed it get in trouble, because i feel bad enough for the poor having to get up at 1 in the morning and having to tow my ass. So i dunno

Trust me on this, because you sound like a nice guy. Go after the tow company for damages. If the tow truck operator had some incompetant dick do something like this to his car/truck, he wouldn't stand for it. Why would you? Get a good lawyer, and get your money. Also, try to remember that high school is not the end-all-be-all of life. There is a time and place for everything, and it's college. The only way you can be happy in high school is to not worry about women. Hang with your friends and don't worry about the chicks. It sounds kinda ass-backwards, but it works. That makes you 10x more attractive than the hornballs trying to 'score' every weekend. 90% of the people you know who are supposedly getting lucky aren't. And yes, this girl is playing you. That's what hot high-school girls do. She's trying to get her boyfriend to pay more attention to her. Me and my girlfriend were on the couch watching the movie 'Kids' the other day. She turns to me after the main character is expending TONS of energy trying to get these young girls to sleep with him. She says "Did you ever spend that much time trying to get girls to sleep with you?". I say, "Yeah, in high-school." It's too much time, not enough benefit, and it messes with your head. Just relax and enjoy your time with your friends. You don't have as much of it as you think. I wish someone told me this stuff when I was 17.

Matt.

beat the boyfriend with a lead pipe then repeat on car

You are.

Come on, man, who's car is damaged? Tough darts if the guy who did it is "nice", it's still his dick that ran through your once-cherry car.

Make the turn.

who cares if he had to get up at 1 in the morning. that's what he gets paid for. it's his job. he is also suppose to treat your car with respect and it should look exactly the same as when he came to get it. sew his ass for the damages, get a little more, and fix your clutch :)

yea, i just feel really shitty about getting people in trouble, i used to be a little asshole when i was younger and ive mellowed out alot after 14, so i always have trouble doing shit like that. well, im gonna talk to my mom and see what she wants to do with it. is there a specific kind of lawyer i get, or just any old kind? im gonna be kinda pissed if i have to go through ordering a kit again, last time it took the bastard company 3 months just to ship it :(

my car shouldnt be too bad i guess, since i do part time at a body shop i can fix most of it myself, so the scratches arent too bad, but there are a couple of knicks and chips in the rear and my muffler is scratched up kinda bad. I dunno, im gonna see i guess, i just feel real bad for the poor guy, although i did get kinda pissed cuz he was giving me shit for having an AWD car, then when he saw the ground effects he got even more pissed. LOL, it was kinda funny listenin to him bi***.

-Ghost

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back