The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

ECUflash First Flashed DSM ECU! (98/99 Flashing FAQ)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anyone with the big maps files willing to share them?

You shouldn't be asking for people to send you something that you purchase from a vendors website. If they were free to download like the ones for the EVO ECU then it wouldn't be an issue. Try Store « ceddy.us

Does any one know if there are any ill side effects of just zeroing out the code in the obdII table so that it doesn't light the CEL anymore?

If it is anything like the EVO ecu then zeroing out the OBDii table wont do you any good. You can change the value of the cell in that table from whatever the code the ECU is throwing to something else and the ECU will throw the code for that you put in its place... What you are looking for is in the Periphery Bits.

So Pie Eyed Piper, did you ever figure out the map switching on the fly? I have been looking for it but can't seem to get the info. I was looking around the evo forums a little and someone said you just have to ground pin 44 and it will switch to the alternate set of maps.

Anyone know how to create VE maps with logs? I just need a little guidance :thumb:

So Pie Eyed Piper, did you ever figure out the map switching on the fly? I have been looking for it but can't seem to get the info. I was looking around the evo forums a little and someone said you just have to ground pin 44 and it will switch to the alternate set of maps.

Map switching can only be done by Changing a switch in the Maps an flashing.
If I recall correctly around when Ceddy changed the NLTS/Clutch wire switch he was having issues with the Auto logic and how it delt with switching maps with the slush-boxes... . Don'quote me on that though LOL

Anyone know how to create VE maps with logs? I just need a little guidance :thumb:

By tuning you VE map... The method Ceddy posted on his site or any other system is never going fully automate the process. I'd just start looking into how Ideal gas law works get your head fully wrapped around how it works and if you feel comfortable then start making changes only after. Even with all the tools out there nothing is going to ever tune the car for you( at least correctly)

You shouldn't be asking for people to send you something that you purchase from a vendors website. If they were free to download like the ones for the EVO ECU then it wouldn't be an issue. Try Store « ceddy.us
Exactly!

This ^
If you are too cheap to pay for the Big Maps then don't run them...

That is one of the reasons it's so hard to get the support people want. someone shares their hard work and not only do people not appreciate all that DOES work but nearly demand that someone work on something and support it when nobody is willing to pay for the suport. Any on top of it fail to relaize that they may not even have a way too.

This isn't really directed at anyone but people should appreciate peoples work more.

But,
I can't blame him for moving on when people are like that...

Map switching can only be done by Changing a switch in the Maps an flashing.
If I recall correctly around when Ceddy changed the NLTS/Clutch wire switch he was having issues with the Auto logic and how it delt with switching maps with the slush-boxes... . Don'quote me on that though LOL

By tuning you VE map... The method Ceddy posted on his site or any other system is never going fully automate the process. I'd just start looking into how Ideal gas law works get your head fully wrapped around how it works and if you feel comfortable then start making changes only after. Even with all the tools out there nothing is going to ever tune the car for you( at least correctly)

Exactly!

This ^
If you are too cheap to pay for the Big Maps then don't run them...

That is one of the reasons it's so hard to get the support people want. someone shares their hard work and not only do people not appreciate all that DOES work but nearly demand that someone work on something and support it when nobody is willing to pay for the suport. Any on top of it fail to relaize that they may not even have a way too.

This isn't really directed at anyone but people should appreciate peoples work more.

But,
I can't blame him for moving on when people are like that...

Sorry but I have to take up for ED, He's helped me out a lot when it came to this subject and I doubt he meant sharing them in that way....I'm guessing he asking for individual configurations.

So it seems mut monitor is no more. Well at least all download links I have found do not work.

Has anyone messed with logging onto the sd card and viewing with the beta ecuflash? I got a deal on a op 2.0 and I am using it to log a 96 noneprom til I swap in a flashable in a couple weeks. I will most likely purchase evoscan, but i am researching other alternatives.

I downloaded ecuflash 1.43.315 beta and to log onto the sd card, all online walk throughs I can find say to just select the correct logging configuration file and paste it onto your sd card after formatting it. Simple enough. Which is the correct configuration for logging a 96 non eprom? mitsu k-line? I am assuming mitsu can is not the correct one. Or are neither the correct configuration and I should just scrap this effort and buy evoscan today?

Well I pasted the mitsu kline configuration to my sd and went out and tried a log at just idle and a few slight revs and it now has an .out file on the sd card. It should be a csv file. Anyone know why that would be? maybe I should just try logging for a longer period of time?

It was up to temperature and the red light i believe was lit the whole time, green flashed regularly(fairly), and I do not recall seeing a blue light, which blue+red= sd card activity. So based upon that bit of information, I am going to assume I just did not log long enough and try from there. If i continue to fail and no one has input, I will purchase evoscan tomorrow. Im stubborn.

Ok this may be an stupid question but here we go. Last spring I got the open port 2.0 and the mitsu reflash connector since my cars a 97 swapped to a 98 blackbox. I never got around to installing it last year until I finished some mods. After 7 months of snow and finishing up some new mods Its time for install. The reflash connector they send you serves no purpose except you remove the pin and swap it over to pin 79 of the pcm connector. Now is that correct? If so the pin is the wrong size for the terminal hole and I need to change the pin now anyways, is this the norm or am I just completely out to lunch here?

Ok after more research and probably something I learnt last year and already forgotten the reflash connector they sell is for the factory 98-99 connector next to the obd2 port. :ohdamn: to bad the terminals were different sizes, it would of been a lot easier to swap the terminal to the pcm connector, oh well.

Never hurts to Check what the Board says...

Take a look here. CLICK

I always ask anyone with a E8 Ecu to do this as I have see a lot of switched cases before. It's good piece of mind to know in that case to know for sure what you are working with, Before flashing something.

Last edited:
ok, first time trying this - using 2.0 cable on XP laptop.

I DL-ed all definitions for the Ceddy website and I put them in the correct folder. Went to read from the ECU and it wouldnt because it didnt recognize the ROM. I researched it and I came up with an answer.: the last two letters on the processor and most ROMs is 'F' and my processor has "FA', so it would make sense to need a 'FA" ROM as well.

So I went into the XML file and edited the memory model to 'FA' and then I was able to write the ROM and I could also read it afterwards.

here's what Im talking about:

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

In Ceddy Mods, I cant change the 'F' to FA to make it work. I went in the XML file and I did change it, but then the ECU FLASH doesnt recognize the change.

I there another way to change that?

And If I can change it, Id like to start fresh with the working ROM that I have, but I'd like to disable all emissions tests and codes that would appear, since the car doesnt have any emission components or solenoids. I tried changing some values to '0' , but it wasnt working.

Is there a way to do that?

So I see some people are feeding a wideband signal into the rear O2 sensor at the full 5 V range. Can the car run off a wideband for the front 02 rather than a narrow signal?

The P1500 code... I saw in another thread that someone had pulled a connection inside the ECU to ground so I tried pulling one of the wires to ground at the connector to ground. It works. No more P1500.

It's been awhile since this project began. Can anyone point me to the current best step-by-step to convert a bone stock 2G to SD using CeddyMod, ECUFlash, Tactrix, etc.?

ive only found one short playlist on youtube on how to use ecuflash to tune, this is my subscribe post to see if there are any more developments

R3complie did a really extensive 13 part set of videos on ecuflash tuning

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back