The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

ECUflash First Flashed DSM ECU! (98/99 Flashing FAQ)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

If you remove the MDP, make sure the connector won't short out, there be +5 volts even if its turn off.

You will need to turn of all the equipment and CELs that use the MDP also. EGR, P1400, etc. Basically most of the emissions stuff.

What is the bit to turn off to disable P1400? I got rid of P0403, P0443, and P0446 with Periphery 2, bit 15. Turned some of the other stuff off too since I don't have the EGR, EVAP, or MDP.

Also, any idea what bit to turn off for P1500? I've had that since I swapped in a 1g alternator. I was able to disable it for the Evo 8 (somehow, don't remember now).

Thanks for all the work with this stuff.

Quick question about building the VE maps to run speed density. I'm going to be running a fairly large turbo, one that will easily overrun the factory MAF. I'm thinking that this will be an issue as far as calculating VE, or am I incorrect here? (I hope I'm incorrect, as it'll make things much easier if I am haha)

If this is going to be an issue, how would I go about properly setting it up? Can I log the VE until I get to the point of overrunning the MAF then calculate everything above that point?

I've searched around and haven't really found anything definitive on it. Any pointers or links would be much appreciated!

Yeah. You can do that. When I tuned my Evo 8 ecu, I started with a very rough map, tuned that, then slowly worked my way up in rpm and boost.

VE doesn't change much from cell to cell.

Awesome, much appreciated!

Also, any idea what bit to turn off for P1500? I've had that since I swapped in a 1g alternator. I was able to disable it for the Evo 8 (somehow, don't remember now).

Thanks for all the work with this stuff.

Not sure if you have solved this yet but I had this problem with mine when I switched over to a saturn alternator. Jeff at dsmchips grounded the alternator pin within the ecu and that took care of it :thumb:

Got my Tacktrix cable today, and bought evoscan. Now, Ive got a macbook. Is there something special I have to do?? Do I have to have the cable connected to open this? I keep getting a "cannot execute binary file" error.

Install Windows.

I know this is posted somewhere but i can not find it. Just logging with evoscan do you need to scale the injectors? I dont have the flash cable yet.
Im borrowing a cheapy ebay cable from my friend. Also what Baud rate should I set it at?

I know this is posted somewhere but i can not find it. Just logging with evoscan do you need to scale the injectors? I dont have the flash cable yet.
Im borrowing a cheapy ebay cable from my friend. Also what Baud rate should I set it at?

No changing the injector scale inside Evoscan affects nothing.

And the Baud rate should be preset? I see no need for changing it. Just be sure too select MUTIII and the cable you're using.

:dsm:

Im having trouble connecting to ECUflash. I went out and bought a little notebook with windows, and got evoscan and ECUflash downloaded. Im slowly figuring out evoscan. But in ECUflash, when I click on "read from ecu" neither of the three ecu selections work. All I get is a window that says "An error occured. See log for details." Anyone got any ideas?

Does it work with evoscan?

You can get that error if the voltage is too low. I had a loose power pin on my OBD2 port cause the same problems.

Yes evoscan works however, it will say "link engaged" and work for a few minutes then say "link disengaged" and link right back up again. Could that be an indication of a lose cable like you were stating?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back