The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

ECUflash First Flashed DSM ECU! (98/99 Flashing FAQ)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I wouldnt mind using DSMlink but as I have a 99 ecu I would have to find an EPROM ecu or have mine converted. I dont know how much that costs but I imagine its not cheap! I dont think I would mind the extra little effort to use this software because Id just like to get the car to a decent hp then itll stay that way since Id be building my other car! Just wanna have a fun DD ya know! ;)

Last I heard, he's working on much needed coding for another platform. He'll be back. The stuff that he's done already is more than enough for most people.
A little birdie confirmed this for me as well. :)

I know he's still active every so often over on GeekMapped, if folks really need to get ahold of him.

Well when ppl tune ecmlink they shoot for 25Hz, so I figured mine should be that low! What was you load at idle, and why when I datalog my log tops out the load at 200 when I am WOT on evo scan

do you have 1 byte load checked? You can use the estimated mass flow(g/s or lbs/min) in evoscan to if you log maf hz

I do have the 1 byte load set to 1 but i have the the all mods off(only for debuging) set to 0, should i turm them on i was confused with the debuggingthing in these things -->( )

but i figured everything out i saw the est.maf and checked it and i was having more problems with ceddy mods. damn!! vista is a bi***.:notgood: i was having crazy amounts of knock like 31 counts, and for some reason ecu flash kept pulling up a old ver. of ceddy mods but i deleted everything and started over and reinstalled the 1.9v and everything is great now no more knock at all.

thanks bro for replying, you:rocks:

I cannot wait for Ceddy to come back. I tried emailing him about some stuff that could be added using some more of the Evolution definitions. I'd do it myself but some things I'm not sure on. So I just left him an email with some links and information that I know EVERY SINGLE one of you running the H8 ECU, like myself and 6 of my friends tuning with ECUFlash will Die for! I think he's pretty busy because I didn't get a response. And it took him like a week to respond to a question I had prior to that. No biggie tho. Just think the DSM Community has more to offer right now than the Evo 5/6 guys. If you all saw how much the Evolution guys have going on you'll freak out! I had to join Evolutionm.net because of my shock!

Right now ECUFlash has soooooo much potential, to dominate! Already its capable of every single thing ECMLink V3 provides with Speed Density.

A friend of mine with a Ralliart Lancer just reflashed his ECU with a rom that was made to bump the power up 80hp using a boost pill! Thats insane! We need some of that!

I'm currently running a 98 GST ECU on a 97 GSX with a Stock Ceddy Mod 1.9 Rom, with AntiLag enabled. Cant wait to start tuning. Just don't want to till we get some more definitions. I personally think ECUFlash/EvoScan is easy as hell. Frak Link and its old Technology Eprom Shit!
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

The platform in question is the Evo 5/6.

I'm joining the 98/99 ecu club soon. We'll see if it works better than the Evo 8 ecu on my car. I'll have the ECU later this week.

Honestly man, The only reason the Evo ECU is worse than the stock ECU, is because of whatever problems it has running the DSM Period. If you have the car running flawless and there is nothing wrong with your EVO8ECU on your DSM, Leave it! There is 10x better support for the Evolution ECU on EvolutionM.net.

Right now all we have is Ceddy. If we can get more people who understand this stuff then the support would be better. I understand the .xml for our car somewhat but not entirely enough to make changes or mods and upgrades. Ceddy has been taking the definitions from Evo's and putting them into the DSM's definitions and making them work for DSM's, Like AntiLag, NLTS, Speed Density, Launch Control and so on. There are sooooo much more for the Evolutions and people are cool and show you how to modify shit yourself. If I had an Evo ECU, I'd be passing emissions right now without any emissions shit! :)
Important ECU Thread Links - evolutionm.net

Can some one help me with CeedyMods and ECUFlash???? I am really lost on how to make it work, I already have ECUFlash just wasnt exactly sure on how to install or get CeddyMods from such as AntiLag, Launch Control, or Knock using boost gauge...

Please help out with this issue as Im intrested and am a quick learner just need to know where to start haha Been slowly ready through this thread trying to take it all in just alot to do at once

Can some one help me with CeedyMods and ECUFlash???? I am really lost on how to make it work, I already have ECUFlash just wasnt exactly sure on how to install or get CeddyMods from such as AntiLag, Launch Control, or Knock using boost gauge...

Please help out with this issue as Im intrested and am a quick learner just need to know where to start haha Been slowly ready through this thread trying to take it all in just alot to do at once

assuming you have your OP cable? have you downloaded the ROM and XML? have you opened up the Ceddymod ROM in ecu-flash? it kind of helps us out when we know how far you have made it...

Ok so ive downloaded the ROm and tried to open it into ECUflash and it comes up with "Unknown ROM Image" and I didnt know where to go from there.. you can select to abor the ROM or use wizard to create a definition. Also when I go to the XML all it does is open it up in a document so wasnt sure what I was suppose to do with that.

The confusing part is just getting it loaded since im not the best with computer terms but once I get it im fine and will understand a little better. Pretty sure there are more people who are wondering the samething as me and just didnt wanna ask and seem to newbish but hey gotta learn somehow

Ok so ive downloaded the ROm and tried to open it into ECUflash and it comes up with "Unknown ROM Image" and I didnt know where to go from there.. you can select to abor the ROM or use wizard to create a definition. Also when I go to the XML all it does is open it up in a document so wasnt sure what I was suppose to do with that.

The confusing part is just getting it loaded since im not the best with computer terms but once I get it im fine and will understand a little better. Pretty sure there are more people who are wondering the samething as me and just didnt wanna ask and seem to newbish but hey gotta learn somehow

OK here is what you need to do. after you download and save the .RAR file to your computer you need to open the file and move the 20550011.bin to your desktop or some other folder (which it sounds like you already did), and you need to move the 20550011.xml to the ecu flash folder... C:\Program Files\Open ECU\Ecu Flash\rommetadata\mitsubish\Eclipse\ ... once you do that you you should be able to open the rom just fine... sounds like the second part is where you are hold up. remember if you have ECU flash open when you move files around then you will need to close it out and re-open it for the changes to take effect.

Mike you are the man! I believe this is the 2nd time you have saved me on stuff like this... I got it loaded and we are good to go now just going to look through and set everything before I hook it up to the car and tyr to learn how this works a little better before I go to plug it into the car but to be honest it doesnt look to bad as it is mostly tables and just understand what works together. Also what is the difference between the 20560008.bin and the 20560010.bin??

Now 1 more qustion... How and where do you get/activate the Launch control and Knock Gauge from Boost gauge? Those are the ones im very intrested in from Ceddy as the knock gauges sounds great and may save me a time or 2

EDIT: Relized I was a little behind times and that he was able to cross flash all the ECU's so he just made 1 for all and got what I was looking for nwo just to play around alittle bit and understand a few thing...
*Injector Size-I fix my Inj Size and then add the latacy of my Inj to the exsistint table correct?
*Timing Tables-I see he made the tables go up to a 380load and took it off the Evo ECU but what I was wondering if it would be a good idea to use this as my Timing or just stick with stock timing tables? I dont have any big mods(see profile) and figured now would be a good time to start tuning before I get to much going on power wise

Last edited:
I just cabt grasp it on my own. Can someone write down some instructions for me. Thanks alot

I just cabt grasp it on my own. Can someone write down some instructions for me. Thanks alot

sure

download Ceddymods 1.9
install ecuflash
transport .xml file to rommetadata folder in program file/open ecu
open rom with ecuflash and begin editing

easy as that

oh and donate to ceddy because hes a genius and does this for free...rare combination

Can anyone let me know which ROM and DEF I should download for a 99 GS-T Spyder? I see roms and defs for 98's and a 99 GSX but will these work for a 99 GS-T?

Also does anyone know if there any problems with ceddy mods on a GS-T spyder as compared to a coupe?

Thanks a lot for the help

Can anyone let me know which ROM and DEF I should download for a 99 GS-T Spyder? I see roms and defs for 98's and a 99 GSX but will these work for a 99 GS-T?

Also does anyone know if there any problems with ceddy mods on a GS-T spyder as compared to a coupe?

Just download ceddymods 1.9 from his website. All ROM's and DEF's will work on any 98/99 ecu. I believe the only difference between a GS-T ROM and GSX ROM is a speed limiter. I believe ceddymods uses a 98 GS-T ROM. You will need to download your stock ROM's definition if you want to read it, though. I haven't heard any problems with spyders and flashing the ecu.

I have a question of my own. Does anyone else have a 1 in bit 1 of their Periphery00 Bits (262)?

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I am trying to get rid of some pesky cat-related CEL's and I'm just trying to troubleshoot why turning the CEL's off doesn't work.

Also, do any of you guys have a 1 for bit 00 in Periphery2 Bits (292)?

streetdsmpwr is correct. The GST Spyder is identical to a GST ECU wise. The only difference between the GST and the GSX is the Speed Limiter, GSXs came with better tires. So just use latest CeddyMods.

Does anyone else have a 1 in bit 1 of their Periphery00 Bits (262)?

Yes, it is normal. Don't change.

Also, do any of you guys have a 1 for bit 00 in Periphery2 Bits (292)?

Yes, it is normal.

I am trying to get rid of some pesky cat-related CEL's

For CAT. Periphery2, bits 1, 2, and 3, set to zero.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back