The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

ECMlink First ECMLink log

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LTUDSM

15+ Year Contributor
Jun 27, 2005
Morrisville, Pennsylvania
just bought an ECMLink. and did a log, Tell me, how does it look like? i did 3gear pull and idle logs.

Attachments

• Idle log.elg
    36.9 KB · Views: 123
  • 3rd gear pull.elg
    32.2 KB · Views: 116
For the idle log it looks like your front 02 dead or something it should fluctuate not stay steady up top then drop down and such

and for the pull log you need to go 100% WOT

I would look into the TPS issue as Steve mentioned. Maybe you're not pushing the pedal the whole way down? Maybe your throttle cable needs adjusted? Maybe you have something under the pedal, such as a floor mat?

I would also either drop your timing a bit in the areas where you knock or swap in a 2g timing table since it's more conservative.

Something is wrong, look at the tps%. You need to go full throttle at 3K and hold it until redline. If you are you have another problem.

Steve

i did some Adjustments on tps.after that,i logged only tps and it was 0% and when i floored it down,it showed 100%.But yeah when i did a WOT pull it only showed 97%,the cable is adjusted,and nuttin is behind the pedal....

I would look into the TPS issue as Steve mentioned. Maybe you're not pushing the pedal the whole way down? Maybe your throttle cable needs adjusted? Maybe you have something under the pedal, such as a floor mat?

I would also either drop your timing a bit in the areas where you knock or swap in a 2g timing table since it's more conservative.

what do you mean by swapping a 2g timing table?

oh srry for not telling you guys,bt this is a 2g with 96 eprom ecu,so i think i don;t need to do a 2g timing table ,cause the ecmchip is already made for 2g

ok here is a rd gear WOT pull,i adjusted the TPS and now it reads 100%.

i did couple of logs with timing adjusted and timing zeroed out.

Attachments

• adjusted timing.elg
    23.8 KB · Views: 85
  • timing zeroed out.elg
    23.7 KB · Views: 83
Well, I find that weird that lowering the timing shot your knock up. I'd definitely leave that zero'd out.

Have you verified:
-base timing
-fuel pressure
-no boost leaks
-everything looks ok at idle

base timing is at 5 tdc
fuel pressure is 43.5psi
no boost leaks....

I tried highering the numbers to the +side,and the knock was even lower then it was zeroed out........ but i left the numbers all zeros

ok here is a rd gear WOT pull,i adjusted the TPS and now it reads 100%.

i did couple of logs with timing adjusted and timing zeroed out.

Your timing isn't correct. Double check mechanical timing. Your running negative timing in that log, that's why your not knocking. There is no way your timing is correct. Also change your knock setting like i mentioned before.

Whats a 96 ecu, only the 95 had the eprom?

Post a log of the car at idle, i have a few ideas.

I'm turbo1k on the link forum and i just realized i'm helping you over there also. I'm just going to post there and you can post the results here later.
Steve

Your timing isn't correct. Double check mechanical timing. Your running negative timing in that log, that's why your not knocking. There is no way your timing is correct. Also change your knock setting like i mentioned before.
Mechanical timing could still be correct. The negative timing you are seeing is from the Antilag activation just when he pushes in the clutch on the next shift.

The knock you are seeing in that 3rd gear pull log is probably from the fact that you left off the throttle while still in Antilag operation. Using ALS without NLTS can cause a very lean condition when you just get back on the throttle in the next gear. Just shift and keep the pedal on WOT next time. It should clear up the knock.

Once you start knocking, the motor will continue to knock until you let off the throttle. That is just the way these 4G63's are.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back