The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

• Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;) It will also allow you to view images in threads.

Please Support VR Speed Factory
Please Support Rix Racing

1G First dsm really kicking my butt, won't start.

Breadvans

Probationary Member
May 16, 2021
Harrisburg, Oregon
Little background, traded my last car for a 1992 eagle talon tsi awd. Guy told me it doesn’t have spark anymore, i said whatever and traded.

So turns out every valve was bent. Bought a 2g head. Timing belt was pretty messed up so bought a new one. Redid the timing belt. Crank no start unless i had the gas pedal floored, then it would start sometimes.

Sent my ecu in to get ecmlink to better diagnose the no start. Got the ecu back and same as before crank but no start but will sometimes start with gas pedal but now i don’t have to floor it. Just baby it. Everything i can tell checks out on ecmlink.

Also installed 1800cc injectors. Car has a 16g turbo. Timing checked out. Compression kinda checks out. Reads about 125-130 but haven’t been able to get car to proper operating temperature and do it again. Car has spark and fuel. Car will also idle at 2000 rpms when it is started and I’ve adjusted the biss screw and tried getting the cas in the right place. But it’ll slowly go done to 1500 but below that it just dies.

Please help, really missing some adrenaline

Last edited by a moderator:

Breadvans

Probationary Member
May 16, 2021
Harrisburg, Oregon
I’m not sure. It doesn’t start when pedal is floored, it doesn’t start with no pedal, it’ll start to start if you baby the pedal but have to keep pressing as it gets closer

No i have 1800cc injectors, and I’m not pumping it before or anything, as I’m starting it you have to like oscillate the throttle. Right after i changed the intake it started fine just had an idle surge, i took it off to plug the Egr, and now it’s back to this

Breadvans

Probationary Member
May 16, 2021
Harrisburg, Oregon
Anybody got anything? Still won’t start. Took the aftermarket fpr off and put the stock one back on because it was showing 60 psi and could find a way to mount it without kinking the return line. Just cranks and never starts but sometimes will sound like it’s about to buy then just nothing

Breadvans

Probationary Member
May 16, 2021
Harrisburg, Oregon
not sure off the top of my dead. i reset it to default after setting it to 0 didn’t work. i’ll have to double check it tomorrow

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com Raven Fabrication RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned VR Speed Factory

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds