The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

First Autocross was a Bust (Kinda)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jordanbutter

15+ Year Contributor
Jan 7, 2006
Colorado Spring, Colorado
Well I was all excited to get out and race today but when I woke up I checked and the event had been cancelled due to snow! :cry: Oh well on the other hand I did attend an autocross driving school yesterday and I had a BLAST!!! It was the most fun I've had in my car ever. Best part is I did really well. All the instructors said I did amazing for it being my first event of any kind. They said my lines we're near perfect braking and accelerating were great and I'm able to recover very well if I go in too hot or too slow. They said to work on not making those mistakes and just get more driving time. I was really impressed with the car and myself it was pretty smooth and on the excercises I ran faster than two Vettes, a Boxer and a Supercharged Stang.

All in all I had a great time and lots more seat time to get. I'm just glad I've got most of the fundamentals down pretty easy and I can work more on being faster. I think I found my new sport :thumb:

P.S. For the first run the instructor ran my car and I was like WTF I had no idea it could be that quick I was really impressed with my 2g. And the instructors skill!

It was cone setup at the local sports arena.

Sorry to hear about the snow Jordan. But it sounds like you did very well at your school though. Congratulations on that. Now all you need is more seat time, more seat time and more seat time. Thats the name of the game in racing man.

I have also had instructors say they were impressed with our cars after riding in them. Glad to hear you had some fun even though the AutoX got cancelled. Good Luck !!!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back