The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

First and only pass of the day- 10.55 @133- auto 6262

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nice, hopefully I can look forward to that, I have a 91 auto also that i just hung a shearer v-band 6262 on. Do you have a thread with your setup?

Was thinking of making a phone call....

But seriously, it's a shift box. I'm telling the trans when to shift. I'm still working out the programmable portion of the shift box. If you listen close you can hear the top of first hit the limiter...I caught it quick enough to to affect the ET too much.

great job man! with a quicker 60' low 10s for sure!

According to his profile, race gas was used.

On a side note 11secDSM, amazing! How do you love this turbo? I know someone selling a 6266 BNIB DBB .63 for only $750 and I've seriously been considering it. What do you think? Right now I'm on the HX35 .55 BEP setup. It seems like you hit 10's so easily with your setup. Any 10 second pass is my ultimate goal. I don't know if my current turbo will allow me to reach my goal.

Good work mate!!

Thanks!

Chris,

You may have mentioned it before, but what fuel are you running? Peak timing?

This was on Klotz 118 race gas. Peak timing is only 17* at the moment.

According to his profile, race gas was used.

On a side note 11secDSM, amazing! How do you love this turbo? I know someone selling a 6266 BNIB DBB .63 for only $750 and I've seriously been considering it. What do you think? Right now I'm on the HX35 .55 BEP setup. It seems like you hit 10's so easily with your setup. Any 10 second pass is my ultimate goal. I don't know if my current turbo will allow me to reach my goal.

Absolutely love the turbo. That price is VERY cheap for a new ball bearing version of this. Mine is only journal bearing.

Yeah I know. It's a $1500 turbo but I know the guy personally. I'm seriously considering it. I have some research to do. Thanks for the response and once again, amazing job!

instead of running 118; would you rather run e85?

I used to run E85 and switched to 118 recently. a) it's a pain to get b) I don't drive the car enough to care about the extra cost

I used to run E85 and switched to 118 recently. a) it's a pain to get b) I don't drive the car enough to care about the extra cost

I have yet to run my car since life has been so busy, I'm running 21* peak timing at 12.7:1 max afr, redline of 9200 rpm. 35-37 psi, it pulls strong to the limiter. I will get to the track before the end of the year though.. I love the DBB 6262, not so great for a "street" turbo, but otherwise no complaints. I know there's an E85 station in Exton, as well as one along the NE extention close to you. I love E85, but the smell of sweet leaded race fuel is better than the smell of french fries. :)

Its really that big of an issue? i guess in the midwest we are lucky, here in wisconsin i have 3 e85 stations within 10 miles of my house and a 110leaded about 10 miles out also. I seem to forget that there are plenty of race car owners that dont drive there car on a daily basis.

I have yet to run my car since life has been so busy, I'm running 21* peak timing at 12.7:1 max afr, redline of 9200 rpm. 35-37 psi, it pulls strong to the limiter. I will get to the track before the end of the year though.. I love the DBB 6262, not so great for a "street" turbo, but otherwise no complaints. I know there's an E85 station in Exton, as well as one along the NE extention close to you. I love E85, but the smell of sweet leaded race fuel is better than the smell of french fries. :)

When are you going to the track?

Its really that big of an issue? i guess in the midwest we are lucky, here in wisconsin i have 3 e85 stations within 10 miles of my house and a 110leaded about 10 miles out also. I seem to forget that there are plenty of race car owners that dont drive there car on a daily basis.

I loved running E85, don't get me wrong. But the closest station is about 25 minutes away. So between the hour round trip and the fact that I have to take 10 5 gallon jugs with me to make the trip worth while just wasn't striking my fancy any more. PLUS, I was out of fuel on my current setup and didn't feel like upgrading just yet. Race gas was an easy choice. I don't street drive the car any more and get to the track 3-4 times a month so the cost really wasn't an issue.

The midwest is very lucky with the amount of E85 stations! Even around here, if I lived 20 or so miles west of Philly, there are a bunch.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back