The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G Firing order

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GSX_beast

10+ Year Contributor
Jan 24, 2012
Myrtle Beach, South_Carolina
I have a 2g with a 1g head and intake manifold with a 1g coil pack, the ecu is from a 97. I'm running a 1g cas also. What should my firing order be?

If I do 1342 on my coil pack then 1 and 3 would be going to the same coil set and 4 and 2 into another.

Stock is 4-1-2-3, 6 bolt CAS in a 2G will be 2-3-4-1. That is left to right on the coil pack.

Firing order remains the same for all versions of the 4G63, 1-3-4-2. It's set by design and locked in steel.

The order of the wire on the coils isn't the firing order, and depends on the CAS design and location, ECU software, coil pack wiring, etc.

Since the DSM uses a wasted spark, the cylinders are paired 1 and 4, 2 and 3. Switching which wire is on which tower of one coil just changes the polarity of the spark but not when it fires. So you can swap the wires for 1 and 4 or 2 and 3 without making a difference but not mix them or switch which coil.

Last edited:
6 bolt CAS in a 2G will be 2-3-4-1

It would only matter if you were putting the 1g CAS in a car with a 95-96 ECU , 95-96 have the CAS on the opposite side. The OP has a 97 ECU , The CAS on a 97 is on the passenger side same as the 1G CAS so no changes need to be made.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back