The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

Financing an eagle talon

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Axtualize

Probationary Member
May 9, 2014
Fredericktown, Ohio
Well I have a 94 FWD dl Eagle Talon, I know everybody tells me to just go buy a whole different talon instead of engine swapping and all that good stuff. It breaks my heart, because I really want something to spend a crap load of money on a nd put time and effort into. But the problem is I really need to actually get to the auto parts store and back so I need a running AWD Tsi 1g preferably. Is there any dealerships with a clean talon willing to let me finance? Sorry might be a really dumb question guys just throwin it out there.

Ive seen some 95+ talons awd on ebay that prople have posted from dealerships. Maybe you can call them when you find one there.....thats just an idea.
There most likely gonna be in another state.

I haven't seen a 1G for sale at a dealership in over a decade. That was on eBay, never in person. I've seen a few 2G's over the past couple years. There was a nice silver GSX going for what I'd considered a steal at one point... mmm, if I'd only had a trailer, or enough money to rent one and still afford the car! LOL

Keep your eyes and mind open, something will come up sooner or later.

Financing a 20+ year old car that's inevitably been beaten like a wet horse is a bad, bad, bad idea.
Enjoy your car for what you bought it for, and work on coming up with cash for something else if you're really after an AWD. Use your current car as a learning exercise for mechanical stuff, since the 1.8 is pretty basic and easy to work on.

Financing a 20+ year old car that's inevitably been beaten like a wet horse is a bad, bad, bad idea.
Enjoy your car for what you bought it for, and work on coming up with cash for something else if you're really after an AWD. Use your current car as a learning exercise for mechanical stuff, since the 1.8 is pretty basic and easy to work on.

Agreed. The last 1G was made 20 years ago, no bank is going to give you a loan for that. The only chance you have of financing it is if you find one at some shady looking corner used car lot that offers financing.

locking into a 4k car at 25% interest is a quick way to digging a deep fiscal hole.

I wouldn't try to finance a car this old. You could probably find a good condition, cheap one on here, eBay or CL.

This will sound harsh but if you have to finance a dsm you probably cant afford to own one. 22 years of ownership have taught me they are not cheap to maintain if you plan on driving them hard.

I'll loan you the money at 33%.

Hollaback.

This will sound harsh but if you have to finance a dsm you probably cant afford to own one. 22 years of ownership have taught me they are not cheap to maintain if you plan on driving them hard.

I financed my spyder... Payed the 6 year loan off in 3..

take out a personal loan if you have to but financing wont work.

This! IF you have credit (decent to good credit anyways) Im sure you could get a small personal loan for maybe ~4k.

I know of no bank that will finance anything over 10 years old.. When I bought my spyder the back said they were even weary about financing mine because I was at the 9 year mark. Good luck finding anyone who will finance it.

As a loan officer for a credit union, I would say that for us, it would have to be a personal loan. We use a unsec to income ratio to make approvals. This is what we offer as an example:

750+ Credit: 3.5x monthly income. So if you make 3k/mo, we'll look for less than 10,500 in unsecured debt total inlcuding the new loan. This includes all your credit card outstanding balances, personal loans, medical loans, personal line of credit balances, etc.
720-750: 3x mo. income
680-719: 2.5x mo. income

Hope this helps give you an idea for what they'll look for. If you have any other questions, please feel free to PM me.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back