The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Finally!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chuck_3

20+ Year Contributor
May 18, 2002
Juneau, Alaska
I didn't know where to post this so I figured this was the best place. First off I'd like to re-introduce myself. My name is Chuck and I've been a member at dsmtuners since May of 2002 with no DSM. I lived in Alaska my whole life until I went to Automotive school in Phoenix, AZ. I recently moved from Alaska to Oregon and now workin at www.sportscarshop.com in Eugene, OR doing car restoration type work. I stopped posting over the last 6 months or so but still read the forums weekly, and been reading them off and on since 2002. Well Finally the moment I've been waiting for for so long! I got my first DSM! Its a 1999 Silver Eclipse GSX, with 73,000 miles, one adult owner (60 year old guy), 5 speed, compeletly stock except the tint and rims. Its on its way from IL to OR I should have it in less then two weeks. Anyways I'm pretty excited and thought I'd share with yall! Here are a few pictures from the dealer:

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I'll update my gallery with more pics when I get the car!

just goes to show that good things come to those who wait:thumb: congrats:dsm: :talon: :laser:

DSMcamaro said:
just goes to show that good things come to those who wait:thumb: congrats:dsm: :talon: :laser:

and super good things come to those that wait it out for a super long time.

that looks like a very clean car and with one driver, its going to make for a great platform to mod.

Wow that must of been like the coolest 60 year old in the world, I don't know very many that are into rims.

Yeah me either. I was thinkin maybe the dealership put them on to try to get more for the car or somethin, I would prefer the stock wheels but I'll deal.

wow that musta cost ya a pretty penny, my guess is not a cent lower than 15,000...

That place is 5 minutes away from me I went there multiple times looking at DSM's when I was in the market. Pretty steep prices but i'm sure you get what you pay for. Best of luck to ya.

Chuck_3 said:
oh right on! how's the dsm scene down there? only seen a couple since i been here..there's a lot of hondas/acuras around here.

ha, almost none existent :boring:

just me and like 2 other people peppered around southern oregon

Holeeee!!!

That is soooo damn clean! I mean most DSM's have rock chips up the wahoo... like mine!

Great find!

president95 said:
And me, just got here on thursday. Nice lookin car Chuck

Oh right on man! how you like it so far? where abouts are you? we are about 10 minutes away from downtown Eugene, we'll have to meet up sometime or somethin. Thanks everyone for the props!

Well I finally went and picked it up in Portland today! After gettin gas at the truckstop where we picked it up and ate lunch we got on the highway and the first car we see was an eclipse identical to mine! except the rims and it coulda been a gst, but pretty random. Heres some pics and a couple videos, I couldn't wait to install the intake so I did that tonight, gonna do the dejon tool ucip and 1g bov tomorrow and get some clearer daytime pics!

engine rev with just cold air intake, the stock bov was a lot louder then I expected!
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...14159208495444

short start up clip of the custom radar installation
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...33577553854338

couple pics:

Edit: the only downfall was I had my ipod and adapter and a couple cd's to listen to on the ride home and I turn on the radio and it says "code" I was hoping to find the radio code written in the manual or somethin but no such luck, looks like ill have to get the serial number off the cd player and call the dealership.

Yeah I was warned about this dealership over there because of that incident. As far as I konw I have no signs of crankwalk, my uncle went to the dealership for me before I bought it to drive it and he owns a car lot in kentucky and knows about car I told him what to look for and all that and he found nothing wrong. So, so far so good. Looked like that like post the guy had no problems either.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back