The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Rix Racing

Finally something good happens to me

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4whlbst

20+ Year Contributor
Mar 25, 2003
Alta Loma, California
Well, I am posting this cause something good is finally coming my way.

I have two eclipse, one 97 gsx and one 90 gst. So far the 90 took about $3000 to get running, well, and to be a somewhat entertaining car. Then about 2500 miles into it, it burnt down. Completly.
Then my 97 which is my pride and joy was once a daily driver. During that short stint, while fixing the 90 my front wheel bearings failed, my tires finally showed cord (18's), and my turbo grenaded. It was a fun month with that car.
All in all I am out a few grand on the 97 and it is currently not running due to lack of time to fix it and lack of spare funds for a weekend car. I am out about 3000 on the 90 plus the price of the car and time spent, I only had it about six months. And the money I made form parting it out, about 1500 and a whole lot of worthless stock parts.
I am also stranded with no car, been that way for a few months, it sucks. Especially when there are dsm meets going on and track days I get invites to. Nothing like rididng shotgun in your buddys srt4 to really make you wish you had your eclipse.
Anyways now on to something good. I have never had a new car and could never really afford it. Though now I have been a technician at the local toyota dealership for a while and have gone to school and done my time. I got a call from the local mitsu dealer today and my new toy is on its way. I ordered, and have been waiting for since my 90 burned, an evo mr edition. Its gonna be great, six speed, still awd, and a warranty. Yes I said a warranty, never had one before, thought it was a myth. Anyways they said I should be taking delivery of it in the next two weeks. I cant wait and I really just wanted to share my ray of sunshine with my fellow dsm'ers. Though I am going to be one broke motha and if any one needs rides int he area I am willing to be a taxi for hire. ;)

HOLY CRAP!! OMG You lucky SOB!! That thing's a ROCKET!!! Wow........ Have fun, and congradulations dude! :dsm: :dsm:

wow congraduation man!!! wish you best of luck with your new Evo MR

4whlbst said:
Yes I said a warranty, never had one before, thought it was a myth.

You still wont have one. EVO warranties don't exist. The first time you bring that car in for something (should be the clutch in 5-9k miles) they will say you drove it too hard and void it. Sorry to burst your bubble.

You lucky SOB :p the vo mr is a nice car to keep stock, you understand! No more than intake and exhaust! so them abstards don't void your warantee

You are a LUCKY MAN!!! Good luck with your new toy! ENJOY!

chuckdog_5 said:
This is gonna make me sound like an idiot, but whats the difference from the mr and the regular evo.......

congrats man

Evos are great

Read here to know more aout the evo MR HERE

Tito

holy shit they'[re 276hp, only 5hp more, i thought the mr was supposed to come with 300hp! WTF, this thing better not be priced way more than the standard evo is.

P8ntBalla said:
I doubt they will charge a penny more for a 6 speed, BBS wheels, an aluminum roof, and an active center diff. :rolleyes:

Also don't forget about the
unique vortex generator that resides on the back of the roof section. Contrary to its complex-sounding name, the vortex generator is merely a strip of specially designed fins that are designed to flow more air to the rear spoiler for added downforce
Wow like that will help a lot! :) :rolleyes:

chuckdog_5 said:
This is gonna make me sound like an idiot, but whats the difference from the mr and the regular evo.......

congrats man

Evos are great

SportCompactCar magazine, October 04'

MR has a Quaife style diff up front.
6 speed trans
and a new active center diff that allows the driver to trail brake into a turn
and pound the gas and slip into a sweet 4 wheel drift.....

4whlbst
So what's up with your 97 GSX?
I'll take it off your hands as soon as you get your MR....
Just say the word....
Where abouts is Alta Loma, CA.
I'm near Sac....

Wow, I didn't realize your GSX was so heavily modified.
If you do ever want to sell her, please let me know.
I'm very interested in a GSX, even without an engine and all of the aftermarket mods....
I'd make you a good deal on it, just say the word....

Chris

Thanks for all the encouraging words guys, I am looking forward to it, its what gets me up for work in the morning. It should be hear the first or second week of next month. You know I'll find a way to post pics of it the second it gets here, somebody thats computer literate needs to break down how to do it for me.
As far as pricing is concerned it is supposed to be $34,499 though I will post my sticker sheet when I get it, you know there will be tax, and all the little dealer extras I want to get.
With the warranty I heard about mitsubishi denying claims real quick for anything suspicious, though my friend is the parts manager at the dealership and he is friends with the general manager so I dont think it will be a huge problem. Its the only reason I am getting one in the first place, and the reason why they arent charging me any mark up.
Strm Trpr
If you are really interested in the 97 hit me up on pm and we can talk. It is a really sweet ride but it needs a few things. I am not totally set on selliing it, its my baby, but if things get too tight with paying for the evo than it might come to that.
Thanks again guys.
:dsm: :thumb:

ITSME4G63 said:
holy shit they'[re 276hp, only 5hp more, i thought the mr was supposed to come with 300hp! WTF, this thing better not be priced way more than the standard evo is.

The MR has an additional 13 pounds of torque on it too....

Base EVO: 273
MRized EVO: 286

The MR is just a lighter, more "sportly" tuned suspended, larger turboed version of the EVO..... I would rather have an RS personally =P

Shed 200 lbs and let 'er fly!

You know I went and looked at the rs and the only thngs stopping me from getting it is the fact that it had no 6 speed, I am really tired of driving on the freeway in fifth and having it suck my gas. Plus, I have been reading that the 6 speed is lsilky smooth and very direct, not like the rough shifter in my gsx, it feels terrible. And no radio, I know I should enjoy the sounds of the car, but I love listening to the radio and cds, I couldnt live without it. Though the price would have been nice, only $27,000. The extra torque will be noce around town, I cant wait.

No radio a problem?

Deck: 150
Speakers: 200
Etc: 25

*shrugs* Just my opinion

It's not like driving a MR will be like dancing with a fat lady (i.e. 3000gt) but after riding in a standard EVO and then a RS..... you can tell the difference...... and that spoiler scares me back there.... Worried circus midgets are going to start trying to pop a squat up on there....

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back