The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Finally, my interior is almost complete !

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr96GSX408

20+ Year Contributor
Jul 14, 2002
Bay Area/Central Coast, California
Don't mind the glove box, havent gotten a chance to install it yet..
But yeah, after 2 days of work with my brother, we managed to convert our interior to all black! :thumb:

Attachments

• interior1.JPG
    interior1.JPG
    38.4 KB · Views: 310
  • interior2.JPG
    interior2.JPG
    36.4 KB · Views: 313
dude that looks badass, ive always wanted black leather in my 2g. but it looks like too much work, if i ever did it id have a shop do it or something. good job though. how much of a pain was it?

philipkrotch said:
too bad its a DOG-O-MATIC. LOL

haha, i felt the same way until i felt the flawless quick shifting on full boost and perfect 4k+ stall launches @ full boost (without burning what clutch) ;) although the longer and less gears kinda suck

UrMyStlkAl said:
how much does it cost to completly convert to black?

my brother and i have experience with basic mechanics/woodwork/ect. because of the classes we took so both of us knew what we were doing, but it still took 2 full days to remove and sand and install it back...

the extra days in between depends on how many coats you want to put on. This was about another 2-3 days including letting the paint sit. We put about 8 coats on the most wear and tear places, and 3 on panels we don't care about.

I bought the 2g black console for 90 bux, and i guess it started like that..
I sanded down the pleather / plastic pieces with 1000 grit sandpaper (micro grooves so that the paint would stick on)
I painted the rest with duplicolor vinal spray (flat black) and sprayed several coats on. I bought about 12-15 cans at 3-5 bux each? i dont remember

and bolted everything back on...
one thing that bugs me, is the oem 2g black console is a bit lighter than the rest of the pieces.. you only notice it under sunlight on hard scrutinizing but if i paint the console, everything will match.

I was very questionable about this job, but my buddy with a celica gts did this mod, and it looked very professional, so I tried it too and most ppl just think it's stock. :)

Hehe thanks for the complements guys.

the seats are corbeau gts II's

good job guys...looks good...

now whats your damn phone #

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back