The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

Finally introducing myself

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cme

Probationary Member
Jul 31, 2021
Moss Point, Mississippi
Howdy y'all! I'm Cme, and am a newb.

My mom that passed and left me her 98 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 2.0l DOHC non-turbo. I had to have a valve replaced, and that went well. My friend that did the fix didn't finish it so another friend hooked up what was left undone, starting with bolting the intake back on. He did a motor flush and changed the oil, filter, and antifreeze trying to get the water out of the oil and oil out of the water, but it still has some residual of both left in it.

I've never changed oil before because my ex hubs always did it for me, but now I have to do it for myself, so I'm trying to teach myself. I also have to take care of a charcoal box evap canister thingamabob that a parts store guy told me is full and is making my car have an emissions code, and he said that's what has usually been the problem in his experience since working there for years. He told me to pull a line off it and reroute it under the car, but idk what line and where it's located, so I did make a post about that on here asking for help.

I have to figure out why my AC is unhooked and how to fix that also. Mississippi heat is no joke! Being disabled and broke with no hubby has me trying to learn how to do all this, and I'm grateful for this forum and all of y'all.

Idk if my car motor is the 420a or not, what gen it is, if it's a DSM, and everything else I need to know about this car so I can put the right things in the search bar on here and online elsewhere.

I'll take some pics and vid tomorrow so I may be able to post them.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back