The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Finally happened to me..thieves

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

95blackGsTurbo

DSM Wiseman
Aug 10, 2003
Algona, Iowa
:notgood: Well I went to go to work today and someone had broken into the store and stolen my Snap-On toolbox fully loaded top and bottom box. ONLY thing they took. I was furious beyond belief. But after I talked to my boss he said that the companies insurance will cover the worth of the tools and box. Which is just over 22k. Where as, since my parents work for Snap-On, I only paid 8k for all of my stuff so I should get a nice fat check from thier insurance in the next couple weeks. Just want anyone to be on the lookout for a blue Snap-On top and bottom box for sale in the area. I would love to get them back because of the personal items inside, watch, keys, misc. DSM stuff.

Dude, take that fat check and go buy yourself another box, watch, keys, misc. DSM stuff, another DSM....

damn them the U.S needs a better justice system for thieves and such, we need to chop there hands off or something.

Raw deal, my friend. Raw deal. Here's to a fresh set of tools and a paint job for your ride. :D

Yeah, sounds kinda like a blessing in disguise. :) Good luck on your replacement tool shopping spree.

Yeah it kind of is a blessing in disguise. Both my impacts were about shot because the shop had a TON of water in the system. The screen on my Tech2 was blurred because some retard dropped it and my valve regrind machine was broke but they don't need to know that. I will buy another bottom box, probably 60" and most likely go with Craftsman tools with some Snap-On stuff. I had about 1/2 and 1/2 and couldn't tell the difference in the two so why not go cheaper.

To bad you don't live close to Moorseville Nc at our school we get 50% off Snap on tools

Get a Waterloo base if you are planning on going with craftsman (waterloo makes craftsman boxes) and also craftsman tools (sockets and wrenchs) are made by armstrong (craftsman armstrong and proto are all the same)

To bad you don't live close to Moorseville Nc at our school we get 50% off Snap on tools

My parents work for Snap-on I get 50% off wholesale. Which is like 80% off list. Most schools make you THINK you are getting a discount, like UTI, but are actually jacking up the list so you only really save 15%.

dam sucks but hey, sounds like its gonna be quite the payout in the end. Take that thieves!

though any residual money after buying new tools id keep on the low for a few weeks. last thing youd need is an insurance company investigating you for fraud after they check out the place and notice the person who lost 22k in tools has a brand new toolbox and tools, and just spend 10k in car mods with overnight parts from japan. far fetched, but it could happen. dont let anyone know that would allow word to get back to the company that youre coming out on top. so basically dont let anybody know.

One of the meth-heads working my storage space was pulling door hinges and helping himself. Naturally, I was between houses and my top-box was there. My homeowner's covered it, and you would think the adjuster was on a spending spree for himself. I had a fairly extensive set of tools (along with other items stolen), and everything I listed he upgraded by at least two steps.
Only sad part was that many of those tools had been in the family for most of the twentieth century. I don't know if Plumb's even in the wrench business anymore- nor Williams. He replaced my Snap-on stuff with Snap-on, and I do know that Craftsman (most of the line I'd bought) never wears out.... they just, ah... "break".

Damn, i dont know either to congratulate you or what to say.... Time for an awd? or a built fwd....

My parents work for Snap-on I get 50% off wholesale. Which is like 80% off list. Most schools make you THINK you are getting a discount, like UTI, but are actually jacking up the list so you only really save 15%.

From the tools ive got at school from buying snap on in the past its actually 50% off.. but damnit why can't my parents work for snap on!:sneaky:

Jesse

How do you have 22,000 dollars worth of tools? WTF I thought that was a typo when I first saw it, but anyways congrats!

Easily. A big toolbox full of tools and a valve grinding machine would easily be $22k:dsm:

Easily, Tech 2's are a couple thousand, valve regrind machine, a Snap-on box is at MINIMUM $4k, I dont know what kind he had, but thats not including the top box, all Snap-on tools, a swivel impact 1/2 inch socket set from snap-on is $400-something, nothings cheap.

Thats the main differnece between craftsman and snap-on whether you never want the tool to break or just keep running to sears and replacing it.
Oh, there's a lot more difference than that. Snap-On were the ones to come up with Flank Drive, where the box wrenches use the flats of the nut instead of the points. But I've never liked their smooth finish and thin handles, and I'll be damned if I'll ever figure out that goofy French turning on the ratchet handles.
As for running to Sears, not all of us have Snap-On running to us. Nor can we find the damned van just when we need it. The Sears outlets -which are now also K-Mart and Orchard supply- aren't moving targets. Even when I did this for money, the Snap-On van only showed up once a week.

Oh, there's a lot more difference than that. Snap-On were the ones to come up with Flank Drive, where the box wrenches use the flats of the nut instead of the points. But I've never liked their smooth finish and thin handles, and I'll be damned if I'll ever figure out that goofy French turning on the ratchet handles.
As for running to Sears, not all of us have Snap-On running to us. Nor can we find the damned van just when we need it. The Sears outlets -which are now also K-Mart and Orchard supply- aren't moving targets. Even when I did this for money, the Snap-On van only showed up once a week.

well if someone can justify the 2-3 times the cost of craftsman more power to them, I am not saying snap-on doesn't make good tools, I really like the tools they make. I can't justify getting them because of the cost. I live an hour away from the Snap-on factory and there are 2 Trucks that i can get tools from at a moments notice, but I still would rather just run to sears and exchange out the tool.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back