The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Finally got my new to me talon TSI

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

triston2469

10+ Year Contributor
Sep 15, 2012
Yukon, Oklahoma
Finally got my AWD Talon Tsi. Its a 98 and i know it has some mods, but will have more. Here is a list of the mods it currently has.

mod list...
Big 16 gauge turbo
big from mount intercooler
X s turbo blow off valve
Walbro 255 fuel pump
new built tranny around 2000 miles
Pro Sport boost gauge
Aem airfuel ratio gauge
Straight 3 inch exhaust
Subwoofer wired
HKS turbo timer

I couldn't beat the price of it and I am really excited for it to be in my parking lot. First I gotta tear the block down though cause its knocking. Here is a couple pics of it though. I will post more of it when i actually get it home.

Attachments

• 98 talon tsi.jpg
    98 talon tsi.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 42
  • 98 talon tsi 1.jpg
    98 talon tsi 1.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 47
I paid $2100 for it. And i love the color as well. I couldnt pass up on it for the price.

It took alot of looking around but im glad i had a buddy that could help me.

I would peel the splash guard from the front wheels back and check out the factory seams. Look for any deteriorating rust on the joints, laps, and butts. Plug welds should hold up just fine. Its always the lap joints that got moisture underneath them and started the rusting of the towers

Nice looking car though. $2100 is a HELL of a deal.

I would peel the splash guard from the front wheels back and check out the factory seams. Look for any deteriorating rust on the joints, laps, and butts. Plug welds should hold up just fine. Its always the lap joints that got moisture underneath them and started the rusting of the towers

Nice looking car though. $2100 is a HELL of a deal.

Ya I gotta do a little bit of engine work to it but luckily I gotta buddy that is gonna help me all the way through and we are starting on it this weekend. I mean worst case I have to get a new short block for it but even paying $2100 for it, I couldnt pass it up. I will still be less than $3000 into it and the car is worth alot more as it sits.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back