The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Finally got my HX40 couple questions before install

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bNasty

10+ Year Contributor
Jan 15, 2009
Chantilly, Virginia
Alright guys I have spent hours and hours reading through the holset threads and maybe I missed something but I have a couple questions. As I stated above I finally got my hx40 and i'm pretty excited to install it but since my last turbo (g60) failed due to improper oiling I want to get it correct on my holset. Obviously before I mount the turbo I plan on checking the oil pressure at the oil filter housing; where I plan on feeding the turbo. My setup is a 2.3 stroker and balance shafts removed. I have a FP oil restrictor/filtrer combo with the .030" orifice. Does anyone thing that this is a good idea to run with the holset or will it restrict the turbo too much? Ive read that you can drill it out with a 5/64 bit but I just wanted to get ya'lls opinion on what I should do. I plan on draining the holset with a -10an ss return which I already have.

My second question is the turbo came with this fitting already on it. Im not sure if its a restrictor or just a regular fitting it looks smaller than the regular -4 I have on my g60 but im unsure.

The bottom pic is the fitting on the g60 and the top pic is the fitting on the Holset

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Thanks for the help

If you run a journal bearing turbo with a .030" ball bearing restrictor, it will blow the first time you make boost.

Get an idea of what your pressure will be, and drill the restrictor accordingly.

Right thats what I plan on doing. What are your thoughts on the fitting on the turbo itself?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back