1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

2G Finally got it

Posted by midwestmopar, Feb 14, 2020

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Southbay Fuel Injectors
  1. midwestmopar

midwestmopar Proven Member

Joined Feb 14, 2020
    Commiskey, Indiana
    I've seen this eclipse since 2012 sitting at this house, never moving. the 2nd gen has always had a place in my heart although I've never owned one( owned a 91 laser rs) 0210202051b.jpg There was internal conflict weather or not I should find a Gsx hard top or a gst spyder. well that all was fixed Saturday when I decided to stop at the house and ask if his car was for sale.
    I'm now the owner of a 96 gst spyder with a 5sp trans. I have not unloaded it off the trailer yet, but as soon as I get it pulled in the garage ill start looking it over and seeing what kind of goodies it has on it. from just looking at it pretty much all I can tell is it has an exhaust of some sort, Bov, and it seems lowered.
    Wish me luck

Autocross Build 207  3

1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GST
    fwd · manual · 2G DSM
    1990TSIAWDTALON likes this.
  2. tk106

tk106 Supporting Member

Joined Sep 11, 2017
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Good luck man! Does it run?

283  3

2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport - Classic
    awd · automatic · Misc Vehicles

280  4

93 Civic 4 Door -sold-
    fwd · manual · Misc Vehicles

Street Build 2K  6

1992 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    12.625 @ 111.42 · 1G DSM
  3. midwestmopar

midwestmopar Proven Member

Joined Feb 14, 2020
    Commiskey, Indiana
    It runs but doesn't drive, clutch pedal is down to the floor, I did put it on jacks and start it in first to make sure the trans wasn't locked up.

Autocross Build 207  3

1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GST
    fwd · manual · 2G DSM
  4. tk106

tk106 Supporting Member

Joined Sep 11, 2017
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Nice. Besides the obvious hydraulics, check the fork as well. They sometimes break but not sure if it’ll have the same symptoms.

283  3

2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport - Classic
    awd · automatic · Misc Vehicles

280  4

93 Civic 4 Door -sold-
    fwd · manual · Misc Vehicles

Street Build 2K  6

1992 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    12.625 @ 111.42 · 1G DSM
  5. Dusty Landrum

Dusty Landrum Supporting VIP

Joined Jul 15, 2019
    San Francisco, California
    Hell yeah man, congrats!!! That's so awesome another one was saved. Definitely check out the strut towers and rear rocker panels as well and take care of any rust that you may find since it has been sitting for so long! Good luck and let us know if you need anything.

Street Build 473  3

1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    awd · manual · 2G DSM