The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Finally finished my 6 bolt into 2g nonturbo build

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hey guys I finally finished my build. For all those who wanted to see it, here it is. If you have any questions, shoot me a pm, and I'll try to get back to you asap. I couldn't post all the pics on here, so go to this link. Thanks, Feel free to comment

Eclipse RS 6 bolt build pictures by 6BoltSleeper - Photobucket
Sounds like a pretty intense build if you dropped a 4g63 6 bolt into a DSM that originally had a 420A engine in it.

You take one more picture for me please, one of the VIN number on the dash?

:dsm:

How exactly did you get the mounts to fit?

EDIT: Ahh i see. you used the 1g mounts and they fit? How did you get the trans mount holes in? did you just drill them into the frame rail? What about wiring?

Im really curious because i didnt think this was at all easily possible, or possible at all for that matter. Ive seen people spend ridiculous amounts doing an evo 8 engine swap because the engine layout is the same, but never a 1g-2g 4g63 swap...

How exactly did you get the mounts to fit?

EDIT: Ahh i see. you used the 1g mounts and they fit? How did you get the trans mount holes in? did you just drill them into the frame rail? What about wiring?

Im really curious because i didnt think this was at all easily possible, or possible at all for that matter. Ive seen people spend ridiculous amounts doing an evo 8 engine swap because the engine layout is the same, but never a 1g-2g 4g63 swap...

^ x2 I Happen to have a near perfect 99' GS w/80k on it, and perfect leather interior, but the person i got it from drove it on a spum bearing for a long time and destroyed the engine. I would MUCH rather drop a 4G in it than put another POS 420a in it, especially seeing as they are $800 from any junkyard. I would LOVE a more detailed thread on this!!

Who wouldnt want a 4g in this car?

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Last edited:
i do some similar work on my spyder 4g64 just put in the 1g ecu wiring harness cluster and swap the ignition switch cables and window switches is so ease but needs weld cables and minimus electric knowleges

i do some similar work on my spyder 4g64 just put in the 1g ecu wiring harness cluster and swap the ignition switch cables and window switches is so ease but needs weld cables and minimus electric knowleges

Ummm why wouldn't you use a 2g turbo wiring harness and cluster?

Ummm why wouldn't you use a 2g turbo wiring harness and cluster?
i know there are many ways for make a spyder gs to gst
just kkep the 4g64 block an use the 4g63 head,put a turbo kit in the gst ecu and inyectors with resistors
or use the entire harness and ecu fron gst 2g or 6bolt and 2g gst harness and ecu

first because i live in mexico and here is so hard to find 2g parts and accesories for 4g63 i find a 1g gst for a good price and decide to swap everythig.

and the 1g was runing just change averithig to my 2g and still runin everithigif i decide do another way posible is so hard to me firt find parts fron 2g and make everithing works took toomuch time ,this way for me is like plug and play
and my cluster looks unike and nice:p

ok let me see if I can answer all these questions; yes it is a 6 bolt where the 420a used to be. I'll take some pics of the mounts to show you all how it's bolted in. A shop nearby did the swap on the car when my buddy owned it a couple years ago. As far as I know they had a 90 Laser Turbo and swapped engine, trans, ecu, wiring harness, fuse box, axles, etc... The only problems I have with the swap is the engine sits really close to the front of the car. My 02 housing is literally a 1/4" inch from my fan on my radiator. Let me get you guys some pics and hopefully I can help more. Thanks

wow. wasnt what i was expecting...for some reason i had in mind "turbo model 2g with a na 4g63" like the non turbo models over seas...LOL

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back