The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

FINALLY!!! A laker free championship

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom Sawyer

20+ Year Contributor
Apr 26, 2002
Portland, Oregon
Man the Lakers are getting their asses beat, and I LOVE IT! It's all over for you conceited pricks, enjoy the time off. Thanks for playin' buh bye :thumb: :)!

Tom

Cry for me Kobe :cry:. Man I love it, this makes my day, haha.

Tom

GO SPURS! :thumb: All the way to the championship, baby!!!

See the "Who'll win the NBA title" thread :D

THIS IS THE HAPPIEST DAY FOR ME THIS WEEK!! I can't stand the Lakers, they just rub me the wrong way (discussed in other threads). If I wasn't at work, I'd be celebrating so hard right now.

EDIT: That Pistons game last night was pretty exciting for me, and if they when tomorrow I'll be even more stoked so I retract the 'happiest day' part, but it's definately up there. :thumb:

Yeah, the better team definitely won this series. Congrats to the Spurs, and oh yeah, Tim Duncan is a true MVP. He's bad ass!

As a Lakers fan, it sucks, but they forgot how to play like a team. At least they lost to a team that has some class as well. I thought it was going to be Sacramento's year going into the playoffs - it's clear that nobody is going to beat San Antonio this year. Personally, I can't think of anyone with more class than Tim Duncan. I can't say I agree with the "conceited pricks" part, but hey, I guess when a team wins 3 in a row, there's going to be plenty of people with that point of view. I remember the same thing being said about Chicago.

I'm looking forward to next year - now that they remember how it feels to lose again, they may even show up to play in the regular season. Hopefully Jackson will stick around.

i've always liked the lakers, but i've liked Shaq even more...i got his jersey in elementary school, and i started to watch him to see if he was any good. he was pretty good, so i kept up with him, and then he got traded, and made the lakers my team now...

you guys are pretty harsh about what you said, obviously the lakers are good, or they wouldn't have made it this far...yeah, they lost tonight, and are out, but that doesn't make them not good...:p

Later,

how can u like a guy that weighs over 300lbs, pushes, shoves and elbows everytime he goes to the hoop, and is more crosseyed than anyone i've ever seen in my life. if he wasnt as big as he was, he would suck.

LOL. pretty funny. We've got a couple hardcore Lakers fans here @ work. One of them is off and went to another state to watch the game and gamble. We were making wise cracks that he is going to be hitting the bottle since he hasn't drank in 6 1/2 years since he is a Lakers fanatic. I'm not a big B Ball fan but I'm all for someone else winning this year :thumb:

spurs is the most boring team to watch in the nba hopefully the mavs or kings beat them and if rick fox is not injured i think the lakers will take it all the way but hes injured and i look forward next season to take the championship again.

haha the lakers got spanked last night 110-82. I kinda wish it had gone down to game 7, or at least been a little bit closer. oh well. anyways, san Antonio and Detroit in the finals with San Antonio winning in 5

Threads on the Lakers getting whomped are merged...lets try to keep all this stuff in one place...go Spurs!

No prob, man...just keeping shit trim and organized.

time for kobe bryant to lower his ego. he think he's jordan or something. btw, lakers suck. :p

:cry: wh.wh.what happened.... :mad: THEY GOT COCKY. they better win next year :mad:

Originally posted by dustintoy
time for kobe bryant to lower his ego. he think he's jordan or something. btw, lakers suck. :p
Same goes for everyone else in the NBA. I don't think Kobe's any more cocky than anyone else in the NBA who plays at his level.

All those people who hate on Kobe should think about what they're saying. He's one of the best players in the NBA and is probably the most marketable. Sure he's cocky, but then again, so was Jordan after he won 3 rings in a row. Who else would you rather have representing the NBA? Iverson? Now that's what the sponsors want - a thug to push their product. The NBA is lucky to have players like Duncan, Bryant and a few others.

It's almost too bad that Iverson is so popular, as he represents a lot of what's wrong with the NBA these days. The thug image is really hurting the league and making it tough for people to take basketball seriously. He's a damn good basketball player, but not very classy. I guess kids don't care much about class, but it's important for the league. Basketball will likely continue to lose it's popularity (anyone notice how it's only on cable now and not local TV?). Oh well.

Originally posted by Ludachris

Same goes for everyone else in the NBA. I don't think Kobe's any more cocky than anyone else in the NBA who plays at his level.

All those people who hate on Kobe should think about what they're saying. He's one of the best players in the NBA and is probably the most marketable. Sure he's cocky, but then again, so was Jordan after he won 3 rings in a row. Who else would you rather have representing the NBA? Iverson? Now that's what the sponsors want - a thug to push their product. The NBA is lucky to have players like Duncan, Bryant and a few others.

It's almost too bad that Iverson is so popular, as he represents a lot of what's wrong with the NBA these days. The thug image is really hurting the league and making it tough for people to take basketball seriously. He's a damn good basketball player, but not very classy. I guess kids don't care much about class, but it's important for the league. Basketball will likely continue to lose it's popularity (anyone notice how it's only on cable now and not local TV?). Oh well.

IMO, Iverson doesn't represent the NBA, he represents his background and where he came from. So yes, you have nice guys like Kobe who grew up in upper class homes that know how to talk with the press and deal with refs but then you have guys like Iverson who got d¡cked by the press all the way back to high school (see bowling alley fight controversy) and grew up poor and without a father. A lot of young kids nowadays identify with that. I'm not saying that's good, I'm saying that's the way it is.

Kobe is cocky because he never had to struggle. MJ had to stuggle back when the Boston and Detroit was giving them hell and Chicago couldn't buy a championship. Kobe came into a different sitation and within a couple of years, was on a team at the top of its game. It even took MJ longer than that. 15 teams go home empty handed every year, that doesn't give Kobe the right to cry because for the first time in 4 yrs, it's not him.

To that I say, boo damn hoo, cry me a river.

Originally posted by afox50x

IMO, Iverson doesn't represent the NBA, he represents his background and where he came from. So yes, you have nice guys like Kobe who grew up in upper class homes that know how to talk with the press and deal with refs but then you have guys like Iverson who got d¡cked by the press all the way back to high school (see bowling alley fight controversy) and grew up poor and without a father. A lot of young kids nowadays identify with that. I'm not saying that's good, I'm saying that's the way it is.

Kobe is cocky because he never had to struggle. MJ had to stuggle back when the Boston and Detroit was giving them hell and Chicago couldn't buy a championship. Kobe came into a different sitation and within a couple of years, was on a team at the top of its game. It even took MJ longer than that. 15 teams go home empty handed every year, that doesn't give Kobe the right to cry because for the first time in 4 yrs, it's not him.

To that I say, boo damn hoo, cry me a river.
Actually, any superstar in the league represents the NBA, no matter if they are trying to or not. Without getting into a discussion about each player's background or upbringing, there's a certain level of class and professionalism that's lacking these days in the league.

Everyones' going to have a favorite team or player. And when it's a team other than your favorite that's been in the spotlight for so long, I guess resentment is just natural. I know I couldn't wait to see the Bulls lose when they were dominating for so long. The same resentment for the Lakers is clearly evident. That's just what happens when you dominate.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back