The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

final drive gears ??????

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NOEL

Probationary Member
May 22, 2003
TexasUS
Do any of you have final drive gears? And if you do how has it helped the performance of your car?:confused: :barf: :confused:

umm don't all cars have final drive gears????? increaing the final gear drive will halp acceleration, but decrease top speed and vice versa.
no too sure of what dsms have stock but i think it varies on the model(1g, 2g, turbo or not)

I believe he means the final drive gear mod for 2GNTs with automatics.
there is a ton of information on 2gnt.com about them and Ive heard nothing but good things about them.

After I finish with this damn bottom end crap Im getting the gears installed myself;its a great mod for under $200 total (gears, tranny fluid, tools, possibly labor)

just so you know its the drive gear set out of an Dodge Stratus Gear Package Dodge Part# ( 4773275 ) and the gearing is set for more acceleration. the only negative is that your speedometer will be a few MPH off, I believe it'll say 60 when your going 55

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back