The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

1G Fidanza flywheel act clutch issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

You know what? I always thought the interlock switch was by the MC rod or elsewhere on the clutch pedal assembly and that what's actually the interlock switch was something else. My mistake. It's what makes a clicking sound when the pedal is pressed far enough down, and allows the starter to engage. Total misunderstanding by me.

As for the pedal not being high enough issue, I'll have to go back and take another look, maybe play around with the cruise control switch and see if it's jammed, and if it is then maybe some silicone or lithium spray might loosen it. Or maybe it needs replacing. We'll see.

Btw, totally unrelated question that I actually posed in a separate thread, but because it involves a potential bad outcome if I get it wrong, I was hoping for a sanity check (I usually don't make it a habit of cross-posting questions but you'll understand). Anyway, I recently replace the struts, mounts, pads, bellows and bumpers on the front, keeping only the springs and seats. I did it the right way, with compressors and being very careful. It came out fine. Only I forgot to put in the washers from the old mounts under the top center bolt. They're back on the car now, and the car is lowered. Would it be safe and otherwise ok to remove these bolts, put the washers in, and reinstall and retorque the bolts, without something bad happening? I'd think that the car's weight would do what the compressors did, even more safely, but I just wanted to make sure.

So you're not going to "strut" your stuff, then? ROFL

No problem, I'll figure it out. :)

Yeah LOL
I was a lot more into doing this kind of work a long time ago when I had old European cars that were front engine rear wheel drive. Those cars I think were simpler and easier to work on. I did have one strut car, a 1970 Peugeot 504, which was such a weird car to have in the USA that when it needed new front shocks I ended up building my own spring compressor out of mild steel plate, iron pipe, and threaded rod. But I don't even remember now what it was like working on the car. I just remember the spring compressor!
I hope you get some good weather. Or a garage!

If we're lucky there might be some warmish days before May, meaning in the 50's or low 60's, but generally we don't see such temps regularly until then. But much of the work that remains to be done in this "phase" doesn't really require it to be too warm, e.g. replacing plugs, wires & air filter, inserting these missing strut washers. I'm going to have to put off all the major jobs till spring, timing belt & water pump, dropping & fixing trans issue. I might try to replace the rear struts though, since I just did the fronts and it wasn't too bad.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back