The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

FIC/STM quality control?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Colinssweeney

Probationary Member
Dec 30, 2021
Calgary, AB_Canada
I’ve never bought anything through STM or FIC so can someone tell me of this is normal? I ordered “Brand new” FIC850s through STM. They showed up with all sorts of nicks and scratches on the metal with even some rust on the surface. I went and looked at my receipts, and no where does it say they are refurbished… which I suspect they are. If they are I would be very unhappy that I paid full price. Can anyone tell me if this is normal condition for “new” injectors? (See pics)

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

How come they don't have the blue band around the middle that says "Fuel Injector Clinic"?
Here's what they look like on the FIC web page (and also on the STM web page) - pic below.

So right now I'm looking at my old FIC low-Z 850's that I bought in 2009 and had in my car until 2015. They look beautiful, much better than what you are showing.

I'd contact FIC, show them your pics, ask them what they think. Then depending on what they tell you, contact STM.
I can take pics of mine if you would like. They are right here in the house.

As far as STM, I've always found them to be good, but I've never had to return anything. You can actually get someone on the phone there too, which is a plus.

How come they don't have the blue band around the middle that says "Fuel Injector Clinic"?
Here's what they look like on the FIC web page (and also on the STM web page) - pic below.

So right now I'm looking at my old FIC low-Z 850's that I bought in 2009 and had in my car until 2015. They look beautiful, much better than what you are showing.

I'd contact FIC, show them your pics, ask them what they think. Then depending on what they tell you, contact STM.
I can take pics of mine if you would like. They are right here in the house.

As far as STM, I've always found them to be good, but I've never had to return anything. You can actually get someone on the phone there too, which is a plus.
Thanks man that’s what I’m planning to do on Monday. If they have been tested and they work I’m fine with that. Just not happy about paying full price for what I thought were going to be brand new parts!

Supporting vendor or not I’ll never give another dime to STM after I’ve spent a few thousand over a couple years. Their communication went to crap, get half of your order and chase them and call for a week to finally get a hold of someone and get that the rest of its back ordered and a “what do you want me to do about it” attitude when plenty of other vendors have no problem informing you off the rip parts are back ordered, or completely avoiding and trying to dodge after they can’t give an answer, along with many placing orders and not having their in stock orders shipped for days with no justification. They then jumped on the “it’s because of Covid-19!” band wagon although these problems started well before anyone had heard of Covid-19 and other vendors were having no such issues. On top of that when I was still on Facebook some girl that Emery hired decided to sit there and belittle and argue with customers that were pointing out these issues, went as far as telling me I was full of shit and had never ordered anything from them until I dug out about $2000 worth of receipts then suddenly she had nothing more to say to me. Following that was a bunch of “we’re going to get better” posts but the problems persisted and got worse. It’s a shame as I had no problem with them and they were a go to vendor but they screwed me around enough to where I’ll never give them another dime and tell others to not waste their time with them. Emery no longer gives 2 craps about the 4g63 community, if you don’t have a Lambo and aren’t throwing thousands at him they could give 2 shits less about your money or maintaining good customer service with you.

With that being said, I wouldn’t accept those injectors, I’ve had sets of injectors from 20 years ago and various stock injectors that look better than that. I’d say reach out to STM and say you’d like to return them but you’ll most likely be ignored. Yeah it could very well be on FIC but STM sold them to you and it should be on them to sort that out with FIC when they get them back, however sadly STM has your money now so they likely don’t care.

Supporting vendor or not I’ll never give another dime to STM after I’ve spent a few thousand over a couple years. Their communication went to crap, get half of your order and chase them and call for a week to finally get a hold of someone and get that the rest of its back ordered and a “what do you want me to do about it” attitude when plenty of other vendors have no problem informing you off the rip parts are back ordered, or completely avoiding and trying to dodge after they can’t give an answer, along with many placing orders and not having their in stock orders shipped for days with no justification. They then jumped on the “it’s because of Covid-19!” band wagon although these problems started well before anyone had heard of Covid-19 and other vendors were having no such issues. On top of that when I was still on Facebook some girl that Emery hired decided to sit there and belittle and argue with customers that were pointing out these issues, went as far as telling me I was full of shit and had never ordered anything from them until I dug out about $2000 worth of receipts then suddenly she had nothing more to say to me. Following that was a bunch of “we’re going to get better” posts but the problems persisted and got worse. It’s a shame as I had no problem with them and they were a go to vendor but they screwed me around enough to where I’ll never give them another dime and tell others to not waste their time with them. Emery no longer gives 2 craps about the 4g63 community, if you don’t have a Lambo and aren’t throwing thousands at him they could give 2 shits less about your money or maintaining good customer service with you.

With that being said, I wouldn’t accept those injectors, I’ve had sets of injectors from 20 years ago and various stock injectors that look better than that. I’d say reach out to STM and say you’d like to return them but you’ll most likely be ignored. Yeah it could very well be on FIC but STM sold them to you and it should be on them to sort that out with FIC when they get them back, however sadly STM has your money now so they likely don’t care.
Good to know.

STM used to be good. I bought a bit from them and and picked it up when in NY for a trip. But over the years i keep reading and seeing issues from others not just from DSMers so i dont know why they went so down hill.

Was the box shrink wrapped with a tamper sticker on it? My set of new FIC high-z's did. They are spotless.

I've recently ordered from both STM and ExtremePSI. If Extreme has it in stock, they get my money over STM every time. I placed a "feeler" order last year with both vendors before placing a more substantial order. STM failed the eye test with slow shipping and issues with my order that took them too long (IMO) to rectify. Extreme on the other hand took care of me. For example, they forgot the injector electrical adapters and once I notified them of the shortfall, they shipped out free of charge the same day with an apology.

Yes it was sealed, and they came with the data sheets. This is definitely a FIC issue, but I'm gonna have to fight with STM because they have my money. I mean if they work I'm fine to keep them, I'm just trying to get some of my money back.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back