The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

FIAV makes buzzing noise when car is off

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WarpathDSM

20+ Year Contributor
Oct 27, 2002
Fishkill_New_York
My girlfriends 92 talon n/t has idle surge which I still haven't solved but when the car is off but the ignition in the acc position the FIAV makes a constsnt buzzing noise until I unplug it or turn off the ignition. I replaced the FIAV (old one did the same), biss,tps, and still don't know whats going on.

Originally posted by WarpathDSM
when the car is off but the ignition in the acc position the FIAV makes a constsnt buzzing noise until I unplug it or turn off the ignition.

-FIAV is none electrical and is located on the bottom (part of) the throttle body, do you mean the ISC (idle speed control servo) locate on the 7:00 area of the throttle when look at it's opening?

yes that thing. Ive been replacing the parts with ones off my parts car that worked fine before I tore it apart.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back