The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

FIAV coolant lines which one goes where?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

There is the free fiav blickoff. Its really easy to do.

But on my 90 the one coming off the tstat housing goes to the top and the bottom one drains straight down to the coolant pipe. Idk if its the same on a 2g but I hope it gives you the general idea.

You should seriously consider it. You will make more power because it will stop heating up your throttle body (intake air charge temp etc). I just did mine and got rid of my idle surge as well. Never looking back.

There is no reason to block it off. If it is hooked up and functioning properly than it does what it is supposed to which is a high idle while the car is warming up.

Don't block it off. Just don't hook up the lines. :rolleyes:

If you disconnect the line then you need a bypass plate or open it up and close the valve.

The hot coolant closes the valve blocking the passage for air to bypass the throttle plate.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back