The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G Fender Flare Install

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I got the ride height set, more or less, and here's how it looks.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Thoughts? I can't lower the car more than it is.

Last edited:
It looks awesome, the area where both flares meet the rocker panel looks off though, the oem wheel arch is just a bit different of radius maybe trim the edges of the flare ?

I've never installed fender flares but there's a method to properly clearancing fenders for big wheels/tires, ensuring everything tucks properly throughout the entire suspension stroke. Align the car to your preferred specs then put the car up on jack stands. Remove the springs from the shock and then jack each wheel up into the wheel well, everything's clearanced properly the tire won't contact anything throughout the entire suspension stroke and the bump stop will hit.

Looking at the photos of your car without the flares with the PF01's under it they're definitely going to contact the original fender well, how do you plan on clearancing them?

I've never installed fender flares but there's a method to properly clearancing fenders for big wheels/tires, ensuring everything tucks properly throughout the entire suspension stroke. Align the car to your preferred specs then put the car up on jack stands. Remove the springs from the shock and then jack each wheel up into the wheel well, everything's clearanced properly the tire won't contact anything throughout the entire suspension stroke and the bump stop will hit.

Looking at the photos of your car without the flares with the PF01's under it they're definitely going to contact the original fender well, how do you plan on clearancing them?

That's the plan. My koni bump stops are modified and I might have to purchase new, taller ones. (I took about 3/8th inch off sometime last year.) I will be cutting my front fenders, but not the rears. The rears will not be touched until I at least have a 4 point cage. This is an autocross car and chassis stiffness is extremely important to me so no dice on cutting up my quarter panels. I will let a body shop handle that sometime in the future.

This was preliminary testing. In the pictures above, the car has already been raised 16mm vs last year. The flares have been designed for a car that is extremely low and I wanted to get a feel for where they will be mounted.

What the wheel gap looks like now:

The top line is traced over the top of the flare. Bottom line is where I would cut. Should give me the clearance I need.

Glad this thread is getting some great information. Still watching and learning, waiting to install mine! thanks Everyone!

Attachments

• carb.pdf
    291.4 KB · Views: 188
Care to elaborate on what is in this file? I do not make it a habit to open unknown PDFs...

It is the amount of dollars you send Carbonetics before crossing your fingers.

Bumping an old thread here (sorry), but these "Allan Flares" that were posted on the black 2g on page 2, does anyone have a lead on these? They are the only 2g flares I've seen that I actually like because they flow well with the rounded/bubbly body lines of the car.

I'd really like to get some, but saw someone mention "last set" so I'm guessing it's going to be a needle in a haystack to find some. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Bumping an old thread here (sorry), but these "Allan Flares" that were posted on the black 2g on page 2, does anyone have a lead on these? They are the only 2g flares I've seen that I actually like because they flow well with the rounded/bubbly body lines of the car.

I'd really like to get some, but saw someone mention "last set" so I'm guessing it's going to be a needle in a haystack to find some. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

I am the one who bought his last set of flares a while back. He told me he would look into making more but I don't think he has gotten around to it.

I maybe persuaded to sell, as I am torn about cutting my quarters on my GSX. I wanted to when I bought them, but has since wavered on doing it. Let me know if your serious.

Pics.

I am the one who bought his last set of flares a while back. He told me he would look into making more but I don't think he has gotten around to it.

I maybe persuaded to sell, as I am torn about cutting my quarters on my GSX. I wanted to when I bought them, but has since wavered on doing it. Let me know if your serious.

Thanks for the reply! Very serious! Sent you a PM.

Jason

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back