1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

fellow New Yorkers

Posted by jsmoky14904, Aug 15, 2011

Please Support VR Speed Factory
Please Support Morrison Fabrication
  1. jsmoky14904

jsmoky14904 Probationary Member

Joined Aug 14, 2011
    elmira, New York
    Hi, I'm new to the site. Just bought a 95 GST. It is hard to start and stalls out periodically. Stalls under hard braking or if your sitting still, when you turn the steering wheel. It's got DSM link, but I'm lost with that. It drives good once it's running and not stalling. So I'm looking for someone near Elmira NY, 14904, to look this thing over.

184  0

1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST
    · 2G DSM
  2. See4Ways

See4Ways Probationary Member

Joined Jun 6, 2011
    buffalo, New York
    I am in alden NY....PM me if you want some help....

Edit aren't you pretty close to STM? Drop it with emery

3. jsmoky14904

jsmoky14904 Probationary Member

Joined Aug 14, 2011
    elmira, New York
    I can't post in wanted to buy, but I want to buy. I need a 7 bolt motor, so if anyone has one, I'm in desperate need.

184  0

1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST
    · 2G DSM
  4. sk8rdude

sk8rdude Proven Member

Joined Jul 6, 2008
    Rome, New York
    me and my buddy just ripped apart a 7 bolt. The head is in good condition. the crank has a few score marks and the block seemed ok

163  0

1998 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    · 2G DSM
  5. mix3d_3motionz

mix3d_3motionz Proven Member

Joined Oct 4, 2011
    Lewis, New York
    Hmm PCV, spark or fuel related. Do you hear any hissing noises? Hows the idle? Low voltage from alternator could do it as well. Kinda like shooting in the dark here, you have any other symptoms?

305  0

1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse N/T
    · 2G DSM