The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

feeling some ticking going on

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hotT0Male

Probationary Member
Jan 22, 2003
SD_CA
when i idle my car, and push in the clutch, i can feel some sort of ticking through the clutch pedal. the clicking is about 5 or 6 clicks per second. also the pitch of engine noise drops when i push the clutch in. any ideas?

By "pitch of engine noise" do you mean rpm drop? If the rpm is droping with the clutch in then I'd start looking into more possible symptoms of crankwalk to see if you have any of them besides droping rpm with the clutch in. Are you running an Aftermarket clutch?

As for the tapping, does it do it throughout the rpm band or just at idle?

well the guy i talked to at a mitsu dealer checked for crankwalk, and thank god i dont have it. as for the pitch drop, no it is not a drop in rpms. also, the changes in pitch only occur below 2000 rpms, after that, the engine sounds perfectly fine.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back