The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Rix Racing

1G Feal vs KSport coilovers

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I have never used the KSport coilovers, so can't tell about that. I have the Feal 441+ Drag spec with Swift springs. Since I have no complaints whatsoever with mine, I can recommend the Feal Drag spec with Swift springs. I'm sure that you won't regret. But of course if the budget would allow you. It would be more expensive than KSport but it's built in the States with one of the best Japanese race springs, so...

FWIW the MCC AST Rally car came w/ K-Sport Rally-Gravel coil over set up.
These were recently removed & disassembled for Inspection.
Have been on car since 2011ish, not sure how many hours but Low use time.
1) Slight amount of surface rust/corrosion, but not on shock shafts, not bad for sitting and not used for 10 years.
2) The front shafts are Very large, look like Motorcycle tubes, 35MM+, have not measured yet.
3) Front wiper seals still look good so far, but leaks from sitting/non-use TBD.
4) The Rally/Gravel do have damping adjustment on top for rear, bottom for front due to inverted design.
5) The Mookee adjustable upper front camber mounts DO NOT come w/ K-sport set up. will have a rubber/poly(?) type bushing in different mount. 6) Make sure if different upper mount is being used that the bushing to shaft fit is Correct, these are not & created extreme wallow/wear issue!
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Attachments

• 20210104_102530.jpg
    20210104_102530.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 39
  • 20210119_110648.jpg
    20210119_110648.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 36
Last edited:
Nice im planning on getting some one the weather warms up, i mean they are not feals , or ohlins, but a coil overs they will do fine for me. Such as others like d2, megans, or bc , you get what you pay for. Also we all have different wallets.

Because it looks like you're still in the shopping around phase & haven't made a purchase, you may want to reach out & contact these guys & see what they may be able to offer. Sound like they would be tailoring the assemble to each specific needs. They are fairly new & looks like they are open to discussions.
https://flatoutsuspension.net/products/mitsubishi-eclipse-coilovers-sr
Was just going to mention these guys too. Worth looking at since they are working with our community directly to come up with different kits.

Checked out Flatout, 650/350 spring rate. 650 is too high for a 1G IMO. I was running 600/400 and it worked but the front was too stiff and bounced around unless you were on glass asphalt. Never mind the dump truck ride on the street. I believe around 550 front is ideal and 350 rear is pretty close to ideal.

Checked out Flatout, 650/350 spring rate. 650 is too high for a 1G IMO. I was running 600/400 and it worked but the front was too stiff and bounced around unless you were on glass asphalt. Never mind the dump truck ride on the street. I believe around 550 front is ideal and 350 rear is pretty close to ideal.
I forgot that Flatout is only working on the 2g kits at the moment, nothing for 1g yet. In that case I'd probably go with the Feals.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back