The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Feal the love!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DSSA

Supporting Vendor
Jul 26, 2002
Hatfield, Pennsylvania
1G and GVR4 suspension parts are getting harder and harder to find. Springs for the GVR4s are basically non-existent at the moment after manufacturers have dropped producing them, and 1G stuff is getting more an more limited.

We've been a KSport dealer for many years, but after seeing some people have issues with failures and warranty support issues, we do not actively suggest them to our customers. There are a slew of other spin-offs of Ksports, and there's a lot of chatter with these being basically KSports in different colors and sometimes different spring rates.

I've had a decent amount of customers who have Feal coilovers and have been very happy with them long term (some as far as to then put Feals on their other makes/models of cars), so I've been in contact with Feal and have established both an authorized dealer approval from them, and have spoken with them in length at establishing a stocking inventory of parts to make these kits available in a shorter time frame. Currently they're quoting 4-6 week production time on these units which is what I'm trying to remove. They are built per order, and while I'd love to just stock a bunch of them for immediate shipment, it's just not a real possibility with all of the options available; Spring type, spring rates, radial bearing mounts, different bump stops, etc.etc.. I could buy $30K of inventory, but I fear that it wouldn't do much more than sit here because it would be like throwing darts blindfolded in predicting what any one person would want in as far as combination.

What I'm trying to do is establish enough orders to justify them keeping the main parts in stock for builds so it's more of a 1 week build time for the 1G & GVR4 units. I've offered to personally buy some of those parts ahead of time and let Feal keep them there for future builds. While they seemed somewhat receptive to that, they would prefer to have more orders come in to see more of what people most commonly want in their setups for these cars.

While we're more concerned about establishing orders for the 1G AWD and GVR4 guys due to how limited the suspension market is getting for these specific cars, we will have access to their full list of offerings. Feel free to contact us anything else in their catalog, but we especially want to hear from the 1G/GVR4 guys.

The only drawback is that Feal's dealer discounts aren't that deep and they have a (this part is good, IMHO) a very strict MAP (Minimum Advertised Price) policy, so there's no crazy discounts that can be offered.

That said, if you're doing suspension on your 1G/GVR4 and need other parts, I can try to work with you on a group of parts to help sweeten the deal.

The best way to contact us on these is to email us at [email protected] with your needs. We will be working on adding their products into our catalog, but have to map it out before hand as the options are quite extensive.

If you currently have Feal coilovers on your car, I'd love to hear your opinion/experiences on them. We've got a decent amount of background and customer reviews over the years from our customers, but would always love more points to data/opinion. For example, I'm buying a set for my personal GVR4 to play with. The goal is to have the car be a comfortable driver, yet perform solidly---emphasis on the "comfort" though, so I may play around with slightly lower spring rates. Please message us here on the board or email us at the above email if you have some experience to share. We would be grateful!

Thanks as always!

Josh

The only input I can give on the Feals is that I had them on the 2G. The ride quality was nice enough on full soft and the ride felt sporty, but I never really pushed the limits with that car. It always felt like a pig compared to the 1g and I never went through the bushings, nor did I swap out the swaybars like I had planned to do.

The fact that they have the correct front upper bearing for the 2g was important for me, just to maintain correct geometry. It's also a pretty big deal that Feal will rebuild them. It's one of the better options for coilovers for these cars, even if it isn't the absolute cheapest.

Chris,

Yes! That's another bonus. We've ran into that with some other coilover manufacturers and failures; "Yes, we'll warranty that, this time--but we won't be getting any more into the country until "X" date..."

They do in house rebuilds (in case of failure, or just to refresh if wanted), can revalve them, and upgrade them.

Planned on grabbing a set of road course spec for my GVR4 so I'll definitely be following! I have modified Evo JIC magics on the car but theyre at the end of their life.

I have the feal 441+ and they made a substantial difference in ride quality and handling vs the tokiko lowering spring + strut combo on a car with all aftermarket bushings (suspension, subframes, diff…) and sway bars. This is on the street though, never been to the track.

I have the feal 441+ and they made a substantial difference in ride quality and handling vs the tokiko lowering spring + strut combo on a car with all aftermarket bushings (suspension, subframes, diff…) and sway bars. This is on the street though, never been to the track.
I wonder how they would compare to evo suspension or evo coilovers for that matter. I've ridden in most coilover brands besides feels in either 1g or gvr4 and my galant with evo suspension with swift springs just feels so comfortable compared to other cars I've ridden in.

I have a set of their standard 441 for my 2g Talon Tsi awd. I drove around town with just a normal wheel alignment and the coilovers felt better/more comfortable than a set of Tein "super street" coilovers I'd used before.

Then I got the car corner weight balanced and it dramatically changed how much better they became! Very planted and balanced. I love how they handle at the race track. I attend HPDE events here in Colorado at HighPlains Raceway.

I *VERY MUCH* appreciate the input from you guys. It reflects my experiences with them to this point.

I'm very cautious with getting into dealings with a new brand. Over the years I've had instances where we jump into the "new, best thing" only to regret it as customers have issues with said company/manufacturer.

Over the last two years it has been increasingly hard to supply suspension parts for these cars (especially the 1G AWDs/GVR4s).

That, in combination of pulling out a GVR4 that I've had in storage for quite a long time (almost a decade) really opened my eyes.

The suspension was beat (220K mile chassis) so I dropped the front an rear subframes, went through them, then ended up with the dilemna of the actual shocks/struts.

I ended up waiting until AGXs came back in to stock, then searched for upper/front strut mounts. I was able to find *ONE* factory unit, and then resorted to an aftermarket unit on the other side (which also took a lot of searching/waiting). I then sourced all new bump stops, bellows, etc.. When it came to springs, I was at a loss. I scoured through all of my contacts in the U.S., Europe, and Asia to come up empty handed. I broke down, swapped the OEM springs onto the rest of the new parts and got it aligned.

Two days later, I found someone who had a low-mileage set of H&Rs. I bought them (knowing I would have to pay for another alignment), then it really hit me....I originally *didn't* want to go with coilovers due to the price and ride quality.

After a lot of ruminating over the next couple of weeks, I *finally* started remembering driving customer cars with Feals on them. They reminded me of the KW units we'd put on CT9A cars in the part (Evo 8/9s) and how they handled really well without making you feel like you were in a bone-jarring race car. I live in PA--I HATE that for a daily driver with these roads.

I then did a quick tally of what I had spent (at my cost) on struts, strut tops, bump stops, a pair of *used* springs, shipping, and an alignment on a car that I still wasn't happy with (temporary band-aid). I was within about $250 of just doing a full coilover set from Feal.

I then started contacting customers & friends who have had the Feal units long-term.

They echoed my thoughts on this setup, and one of which (a former employee who became a good friend) actually had just ordered a set for his CTS-V as he was so happy with the ones on his GVR4 over the last 4-5 years of owning them.

This brings us to current posting.

I've added a set for my GVR4 to our initial buy in. I'm finicky on this sort of thing, so it gives me a chance to actually live with a set and I'm thinking I (being old and crotchety at this point) may, after putting miles on them, ask them to revalve/spring them lighter for a driver--which is the great thing--you can actually *DO* that.

Thanks again for all of the input. Data is fantastic, and I appreciate it!

Last edited:
I had them on my 2g I believe I purchased him about four years ago or longer they’re basically the entry level ones can’t recall i liked the way they handled feels are local to me.

Last I spoke I was asking them for a drag specific set up for my 1g

I like feels …

1G and GVR4 suspension parts are getting harder and harder to find. Springs for the GVR4s are basically non-existent at the moment after manufacturers have dropped producing them, and 1G stuff is getting more an more limited.

We've been a KSport dealer for many years, but after seeing some people have issues with failures and warranty support issues, we do not actively suggest them to our customers. There are a slew of other spin-offs of Ksports, and there's a lot of chatter with these being basically KSports in different colors and sometimes different spring rates.

I've had a decent amount of customers who have Feal coilovers and have been very happy with them long term (some as far as to then put Feals on their other makes/models of cars), so I've been in contact with Feal and have established both an authorized dealer approval from them, and have spoken with them in length at establishing a stocking inventory of parts to make these kits available in a shorter time frame. Currently they're quoting 4-6 week production time on these units which is what I'm trying to remove. They are built per order, and while I'd love to just stock a bunch of them for immediate shipment, it's just not a real possibility with all of the options available; Spring type, spring rates, radial bearing mounts, different bump stops, etc.etc.. I could buy $30K of inventory, but I fear that it wouldn't do much more than sit here because it would be like throwing darts blindfolded in predicting what any one person would want in as far as combination.

What I'm trying to do is establish enough orders to justify them keeping the main parts in stock for builds so it's more of a 1 week build time for the 1G & GVR4 units. I've offered to personally buy some of those parts ahead of time and let Feal keep them there for future builds. While they seemed somewhat receptive to that, they would prefer to have more orders come in to see more of what people most commonly want in their setups for these cars.

While we're more concerned about establishing orders for the 1G AWD and GVR4 guys due to how limited the suspension market is getting for these specific cars, we will have access to their full list of offerings. Feel free to contact us anything else in their catalog, but we especially want to hear from the 1G/GVR4 guys.

The only drawback is that Feal's dealer discounts aren't that deep and they have a (this part is good, IMHO) a very strict MAP (Minimum Advertised Price) policy, so there's no crazy discounts that can be offered.

That said, if you're doing suspension on your 1G/GVR4 and need other parts, I can try to work with you on a group of parts to help sweeten the deal.

The best way to contact us on these is to email us at [email protected] with your needs. We will be working on adding their products into our catalog, but have to map it out before hand as the options are quite extensive.

If you currently have Feal coilovers on your car, I'd love to hear your opinion/experiences on them. We've got a decent amount of background and customer reviews over the years from our customers, but would always love more points to data/opinion. For example, I'm buying a set for my personal GVR4 to play with. The goal is to have the car be a comfortable driver, yet perform solidly---emphasis on the "comfort" though, so I may play around with slightly lower spring rates. Please message us here on the board or email us at the above email if you have some experience to share. We would be grateful!

Thanks as always!

Josh
Love!

I can throw my two cents in as well. The guys at feal are greeeat!!!! They really helped me out with a rush order during christmas and i drove to pick them up cus i live “local” total 5 hour round trip with traffic LOL, and ran late cus of it snd they even stayed later to make sure i got my 441+ For my 2g. Got them installed and took them to the canyon and played with the damping and it made such a 500% difference from stock with rm sway bars front and rear and dc strut braces. I recommend them to everyone and even talked my buddy to get some for his FDRX7. If you can put them on your cars do so.

I have a set of 441+ on my GVR4 and I love them. Ride very comfortably and make the car handle very well. My buddy has them on his 1g and same thing. Very happy with there product. I do recommend getting there covers also. Keeps them all nice and clean.

When I was looking for a coilover set up, I saw 441 had only 1 year warranty compared to 5 years at their competitor. Back when BC coils were starting they had lifetime warranty or something like that and when one of my shocks blew they sent me a replacement.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back