The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

Fatal alert data logger

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

check the connectors on the palm and the diognostic port to see if they are all connected properly. and a side note you might want to reset your palm on the back with a paper clip. just a thought

check the connectors on the palm and the diognostic port to see if they are all connected properly. and a side note you might want to reset your palm on the back with a paper clip. just a thought

Well if its logging fine until i got WOT should mean everything its connected good, but weird dam im braking my head trying to figure out wth is it!!!

Mine used to say fatal alert when the plug was half hanging out of the palm. but id have to reset it when it does that.

Well if its logging fine until i got WOT should mean everything its connected good, but weird dam im braking my head trying to figure out wth is it!!!

That's because you're getting a jerk when you go WOT....

I think we all saw some fast and furious reference coming. Does the car jerk or shutter when you go wot? Maybe hitting fuel cut and knocking the connection loose?

Ok so i reset it (little bottom on the back) and i was able to make the pull, but when i went to save it another Fatal alert this time said StringMgr.c,Line:65,NULL string passed wth now?

And yea im hitting fuel cut at lower rpm if i go WOT instantly(only) so i just started giving it little by little gas until i reached 4k and went WOT

Next is "danger to manifold" and your floor boards fall out... be careful!

Your dumb seriously haahah!

Next is "danger to manifold" and your floor boards fall out... be careful!

LOL. Yeah, danger to manifold!! Just don't yell "SHUT UP!!" at your palm and toss it or shut it off.
On a serious note. Have you try resetting your palm and re-installing your software? I had this happen to me a few times and I had to re-boot my DSM logger. Also, do check your connection at the diagnostic port and specially the palm. It tends to come loose at times.

LOL. Yeah, danger to manifold!! Just don't yell "SHUT UP!!" at your palm and toss it or shut it off.
On a serious note. Have you try resetting your palm and re-installing your software? I had this happen to me a few times and I had to re-boot my DSM logger. Also, do check your connection at the diagnostic port and specially the palm. It tends to come loose at times.

Well apparently now its logging but i got this error code right after i saved it. Fatal error (StringMgr.c,Line:65,NULL string)

I should have gotten an AEM FIC this thing its getting complicated!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back