The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

fastest DSM with 16G killer?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TSi92

20+ Year Contributor
Oct 18, 2002
Wahiawa, Hawaii
How fast can you get this turbo go? I drove my wife's '97 AWD talon to a 12.79@105 and it has a 16G killer and AFC 19 psi (C-16) apex sylvia front mount unorthodox pullies, 720's (i know major overkill) HKS SS BOV. I think that 105 is a bit slow, I think i could get a 12.3@109-111 or so. Are my expectations too high on that turbo? I keep hearing how much it sucks, but it spools up very quick and it was holding 19 psi all the way to 7500 rpm's. The car's full weight too.

I trapped 109 with a small 16g, race gas, fuel pump, and supra sidemount. 19 psi with creep that led to spark blow-out.

i dont know much about that turbo, but given the name i would think it could do better. by like a lot

chris

It was accomplished by Curt Brown a few years back. He's a crazy mofo that has done some amazing #@%#@%#@%#@% with DSM's. He recently just went 9's on an FP Red, no nitrous.

Personally I've trapped 113mph on a small 16G. It's an amazing turbo. It can go a LONG way before it needs to be upgraded.

guys the mitsubishi 16G is a completely different turbo than the sx engineering 16G killer.

hey ya'll are talkin about the wrong turbo here i think, pretty sure he is talking about the 16g "KILLER" setup from XS Engineering. Correct me if im wrong but aren't those also ball bearing turbos? i dont know much about em tho sorry

Those turbo's basically SUCK!! Speaking with a few people that have owned the 16G "killer" from XS Engineering, they all have had bad experiences with the turbo and the company. Ball-bearing failure is the #1 problem the turbo has. And don't expect XS to help you out on this one. Basically they say "you gotta buy a new center cartridge" which is about $800.

Nobody has run any decent times with one, nor anyone has anything good to say about them. I mean, why buy a $1000 turbo (16G killer) when a $600 turbo (regular 16G) has been more proven time and time again? So you can gain an extra 1-200rpm spoolup for less reliability and $400 more?

Take a look at www.dsmtimes.org and check out who's running what with what turbos. Stick with PROVEN turbos and people that sell PROVEN turbos.

Mike

Originally posted by NOSLO2PT0
Those turbo's basically SUCK!! Speaking with a few people that have owned the 16G "killer" from XS Engineering, they all have had bad experiences with the turbo and the company. Ball-bearing failure is the #1 problem the turbo has. And don't expect XS to help you out on this one. Basically they say "you gotta buy a new center cartridge" which is about $800.

Nobody has run any decent times with one, nor anyone has anything good to say about them. I mean, why buy a $1000 turbo (16G killer) when a $600 turbo (regular 16G) has been more proven time and time again? So you can gain an extra 1-200rpm spoolup for less reliability and $400 more?

Take a look at www.dsmtimes.org and check out who's running what with what turbos. Stick with PROVEN turbos and people that sell PROVEN turbos.

Mike

Well, the car came with that turbo, so might as well see how fast can go with it. It clearly flows a lot better than the stock t-25 because I can hold 19 psi all the way to 7500 rpm's and the spool up time is very quick. Also the turbo is about 4 years old and still spins freely and no oil in the compressor housing nor any sign of bearing failure. I think that 12.7@105 with seat-of-your pants and EGT gauge tuning is not too shabby. I went to the xs engineering page and I was outraged with the price of the whole kit, I can't believe the past owner paid that much for a turbo that size. But hey, that's what the car has now and it runs high 12's with it.

Thats good driving. I see many people hitting better times than me with the same mph. I get consistent 1,7 60ft's, I just granny shift though, im to scared and poor to brake my tranny. You get 12.7@105 that is great. My second time at the track I got a 12.7@109 and my best is 12.5@110 but I cant get over 110 with my 16g...

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back