The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Fastest 2G AUTO DSM/AWD DSM NO NITROUS

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This is my good friend/Shop techs car and this year consistently ran between 9.2-8.9et. And we have the car setup so it can do that 100 times without blowing up. The car now sports one of my aluminum long rod 2.0 9.0cr motors. It struggles to stall on the converter since this post it has been tightened considerably. So he now runs a 75shot to stall up.

To address the back up issue for me. I only claim a NEW PB if I only do it once and for some reason unable to make a pass or come with in a few .01's of the fastest pass. Hence for example my last record setting passes 8.07 backed by a 8.08. to me if I had ran a 8.15 or something like that on the second pass then from my perspective it would have only been a PB of 8.07 no record.

Thanks Jeff, for your reply on how you personally handle back ups. I understand the reasoning behind back ups. I was asking about official rules of establishing those back ups. Somebody correct me if I`m wrong.

The are no established rules here for back ups. They are not required for an official spot on any of the best times list for DSMs or 4g63s.

My apologies for hijacking this thread.

To address the back up issue for me. I only claim a NEW PB if I only do it once and for some reason unable to make a pass or come with in a few .01's of the fastest pass. Hence for example my last record setting passes 8.07 backed by a 8.08. to me if I had ran a 8.15 or something like that on the second pass then from my perspective it would have only been a PB of 8.07 no record.

The only real reason for the backup pass is to make sure timing etc was spot on, I've seen a lot of funky timeslips but most guys racing know when something wasn't right. A lot of turbo cars have problems with the wastegates and exhaust messing with the beams and the car tripping the lights with the rear tires. For DSM's there is really no rules to speak so the term record is a relative term.

Turbo Anything, I got where you were going with your post about keeping motors together and running 100 passes running those times. For me at 6800ft that would be a pipe dream if I could achieve that. I don't have a shop, a dyno, people working on my car, or endless budget. At this altitude making this power out of a 4g63 it's hard to keep the motors together, if you even blink wrong the motor is toast. I have had some of the best minds in the country trying to help figure this out and I think that I am getting close. Nobody comes this way to try and run this fast so, I stand alone. I will consistently run 8's at sea level no problem, If you guy's can keep motors living up here running 8's. I have no shame I will pay you to keep my motors going. Everybody under estimates how hard it is to go fast in the mile hi city and at this elevation and it's tough. We see 16g cars running in the low 10's on this forum all the time. Up here the fastest 16g car runs mid 11's.So were not comparing apples to apples. No knock on what you guys are doing but its tough to run fast up here and keep a motor living.

Bring the car to sea level then. Everyone has their own obstacles. That seems like the easiest way to run 8s to me. Just drive a few hundred miles till you get to a good track!

Trust me you, that's always the plan. I usually go to test and tune the week before I have planned to get out of town and hurt the motor almost everytime. I blew the motor last year a month before the shootout and that killed that dream, year before I broke my ankle so I came down as a spectator. At the same time I have to work out with Luke to get a good tune for sea level all my tuning has been done up here and I know some changes will have to be made to make the transition in altittude easier. To get anywhere near any decent elevation it's either kansas 8 hours away or texas 12 hours away.

His car was mostly built in his garage. He is also on a tight budget and can not afford to blow up motors chasing records. He loves to just run the car on test/tune days that's about it.

But this is not his first fast DSM. And with all the DSM community in the area it helps a lot. I believe if this car was pushed on hard it would be a mid 8sec. Thats kinda the goal for this upcoming season.

The only real reason for the backup pass is to make sure timing etc was spot on, I've seen a lot of funky timeslips but most guys racing know when something wasn't right. A lot of turbo cars have problems with the wastegates and exhaust messing with the beams and the car tripping the lights with the rear tires. For DSM's there is really no rules to speak so the term record is a relative term.

I'm in no way alone on this, I've had a few 7 sec passes at 160 mph but only to see I straight up knocked a .500 60 ft john force style. Like I earlier said this is how I and I alone choose to claim any type of pass bettering any record set by myself or others.

Marcus, some day on our way to or from a race going through Colorado we do plan to stop in for some 9000 ft fun. maybe after this years Shoot Out

I remember when the Nopi races were happening. While they were running mid 6's everywhere else, I can honestly say ai never personally witnessed any import run a 6.xx anything here in Denver.

i need that 1.38 60f LOL

NBF

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back