The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

2G Fans not working

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JaKee003

Proven Member
Feb 4, 2017
Keller, Texas
I’ve been having some overheating problems on my gst, I noticed that the radiator fans do not come on even after running for 20+ minutes, I also tried turning on the AC and the fan didn’t work. I have a 99 gs that has both fans in decent condition and I was wondering if those would work for my gst? Also is their a proper way to burp the system....I jacked up the front of the car but I don’t know if there’s a better way to do it

One fan is for the motor,/ overheating fan. The other is the ac fan. I'd go grab two new thermostats, put it in and that should fix the issue. I've had a bad thermostat so that's why I suggested buy two. Make sure the wiring is plugged in, off the thermostat housing as well.

Burping the system. Umm I basically put in coolant and use my large frame to bounce the from end for a few seconds, add more and repeat. Let car run for what 30 seconds, so it dont get to hot, bounce car again cap off, and add coolant till it's full. :thumb:

I’ve been having some overheating problems on my gst, I noticed that the radiator fans do not come on even after running for 20+ minutes, I also tried turning on the AC and the fan didn’t work. I have a 99 gs that has both fans in decent condition and I was wondering if those would work for my gst? Also is their a proper way to burp the system....I jacked up the front of the car but I don’t know if there’s a better way to do it

Fans from a GS to a GST would work. Connectors were the same and the fans were pretty much the same. If they're not kicking on though, that sounds like an electrical issue to me. Doesn't seem like the ECU is getting or sending a signal to kick them on. You can test the fan by grounding the black wire and then running a jumper from one of the colored wires to the positive post on your battery. That'll kick it on, or, it if's bad - not.

Fans from a GS to a GST would work. Connectors were the same and the fans were pretty much the same. If they're not kicking on though, that sounds like an electrical issue to me. Doesn't seem like the ECU is getting or sending a signal to kick them on. You can test the fan by grounding the black wire and then running a jumper from one of the colored wires to the positive post on your battery. That'll kick it on, or, it if's bad - not.
Yea I tried that yesterday and it worked so it’s not the fan....so now I know it’s an electrical problem but don’t really know where to start

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back