The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Fan control via Link EGR/FPS

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

91talonts1

10+ Year Contributor
Dec 29, 2008
Spencer, North_Carolina
Anybody else using this? It's got to be my new favorite thing about link.

I know alot of us want our fans on earlier than the factory controls allow and nobody likes messing with coolant offset (1g guys don't even have that option). I'm surprised I don't see it mentioned more. Honestly I'd been putting off trying it because there was so little info out there about it I didn't think it'd work well. Specifically how quickly the fans would go from off to on but, they stay on for a full 6 degrees!

I had been using Painless thermal switches to control the relay, but they can be iffy. This is way better, and gives you all the control over the fans you need. The ability to shut the fans off over a certain speed is particularly useful for keeping cruise temps in check. And the TPS and RPM parameters are equally useful for keeping the fan off if you need the extra amperage at WOT.

If you're looking for more control of your fans this is definitely the way to go.

Last edited:
Definitely sucks there's only two. I'm guessing nothing can be done with the regular fan output, or they would have already.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back