The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

General Fake Bosch LSU 4.9 sensors

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I’ve been looking at a replacement wb sensor and I see a lot on eBay for around $40. Are these fake Bosch sensors?

As per my tuner, those are in fact fake Bosch. He also mentioned something about using a '05 350z Bosch WB sensor. They're probably cheaper in the auto parts store. I've yet to buy one, so I can't confirm for sure.
He works for AEM , so he definitely knows his stuff.

I purchase replacement sensors through local auto parts stores. Volkswagen also uses Bosch wideband sensors in some of their cars, just make sure you get the correct sensor (4.2 or 4.9), so cross-reference the part number. My replacement was @ $55 with a online discount. It also comes with a 1yr replacement warranty.

As per my tuner, those are in fact fake Bosch. He also mentioned something about using a '05 350z Bosch WB sensor. They're probably cheaper in the auto parts store. I've yet to buy one, so I can't confirm for sure.
He works for AEM , so he definitely knows his stuff.

Just looked it up and they're pretty expensive.

I purchase replacement sensors through local auto parts stores. Volkswagen also uses Bosch wideband sensors in some of their cars, just make sure you get the correct sensor (4.2 or 4.9), so cross-reference the part number. My replacement was @ $55 with a online discount. It also comes with a 1yr replacement warranty.

I like that price point. Do you have a link? I hate ordering wrong parts.

I have used the Volkwagon sensors also. They plug right in and are the same unit. Only reason I replaced one was I oiled it down when I broke a turbine shaft and mosquito fogged for about 5 miles, coating everything inside the exhaust pipes. Boy what a experience.

I haven't ever got a non Bosch sensor Tony but wanted to see what was being offered. I found my sensor at Oriellys and it was in a Bosch box so I felt good about that.

I haven't ever got a non Bosch sensor Tony but wanted to see what was being offered. I found my sensor at Oriellys and it was in a Bosch box so I felt good about that.

gotcha!! I’m contemplating getting an aem x series. My current sensor takes about 30 seconds to heat up and the reading at times jumps from 14-18 for a sec cruising. My VE table is pretty smooth and I have a feeling it could be the sensor. This all happened after I bought a set of injectors from ecmlink forum that had one injector completely stuck open so it dumped a ton of fuel. Probably close to half a gallon and caused an error 8 iirc. Recalibrated it and it’s been like that ever since.

Yeah I'd venture to say it is fuel contaminated and be thinking of changing it like my oil soaked one. It was fine but I didn't trust it after twisting that shaft into two.

I wasn't aware any car used a 4.9 sensor stock. Last time i tried to fine one they could only get 4.2 sensors from parts stores and had to order a 4.9 offline.

Think I figured out why afr was going lean for a sec. One of my injector was stuck closed. Got it freed up so we’ll see.

I wasn't aware any car used a 4.9 sensor stock. Last time i tried to fine one they could only get 4.2 sensors from parts stores and had to order a 4.9 offline.

Not sure about other WBs but the innovate mtxl comes w 4.9

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back