The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

2G Factory relay circuit

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

babyviper

20+ Year Contributor
Feb 12, 2003
Mays Landing, New_Jersey
I am rewiring and replacing my fuse box that is in the engine bay. Based on the diagrams that are in the FSM the pin layout of the relay makes no sense, 1-3-4-5. Most micro relays are like the ones listed below, none are numbered like the relay in FSM. After figuring out the numbering I still need to translate it to your standard relay numbers like 30-85-86-87. Any help is appreciated.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.
or
or

Screenshot from FSM on the headlight and taillight relays.

I'm assuming this is from a 2G.

The FSM shows you both the functional and connector layouts with the example you showed. At the bottom of the page you would find the connector layou, for example here's A-14X

So you know that there is a power feed on the red wire going to pin 1 and a fat red wire to pin 5. Pin 3 has a normal sized red wire running off to additional circuitry. The relay's coil is between pin 1 and 3 and the relay is being used normally open with the common pin being #5 and the N.O. terminal being pin 4 with a large Red/Blue wire leading foot to fuses for the headlights and foglights.

All of that information came from that diagram. Note that for some reason on A-15X they swapped which side of the relay coil was "hot" but that doesn't change the way it works.

You should be able to mentally translate from the factory pinout to what you posted without any difficulty.

I'm assuming this is from a 2G.

The FSM shows you both the functional and connector layouts with the example you showed. At the bottom of the page you would find the connector layou, for example here's A-14X

So you know that there is a power feed on the red wire going to pin 1 and a fat red wire to pin 5. Pin 3 has a normal sized red wire running off to additional circuitry. The relay's coil is between pin 1 and 3 and the relay is being used normally open with the common pin being #5 and the N.O. terminal being pin 4 with a large Red/Blue wire leading foot to fuses for the headlights and foglights.

All of that information came from that diagram. Note that for some reason on A-15X they swapped which side of the relay coil was "hot" but that doesn't change the way it works.

You should be able to mentally translate from the factory pinout to what you posted without any difficulty.
Wow, I don't know how I missed that diagram, it was at the bottom of the previous page. Thanks for this info.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back