The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Fabricating Materials Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I want to find a place that sells the schedule ten pip fittings like vibrant for manifolds. Cheapest I have found for a 90* butt fitting is like 13 bucks... That makes using these fittings not cheap to make a manifold.

Is this exclusively for metal fabrications? Any one have any recommendations on where to get supplies to build ducting? My dsm is overheating (shocker) and I need to try and get more airflow through my radiator.

Oh man... there like $5 a piece... how much cheaper do you need??

Summit Racing - SummitRacing.com

I like summit products but there pissing me off with the "handling charge" and were going to put your small purchase in this hugh box so we can send you another "summit" hat, catalog, and stickers.:hmm:

I need to get materials to make dump pipes for my twin WG's and I'm not sure what material to use, I know I will need two 90* bends and the rest is straight pipe, I have a JMF manifold

can anyone recommended what kind of stainless, I will be having a local fabricator do the work for me I just need to supply materials

Thanks

I need to get materials to make dump pipes for my twin WG's and I'm not sure what material to use, I know I will need two 90* bends and the rest is straight pipe, I have a JMF manifold

can anyone recommended what kind of stainless, I will be having a local fabricator do the work for me I just need to supply materials

Thanks

Most v-band flanges are T304 Stainless Steel. I'd think you could just go with that. Also Fp makes there o2 housings and dump tubes from 304 Stainless Steel too. Hope that helps.

KEvin

Thanks
Pick up 2 j-bends. It's basically a u-bend but with one longer leg. It's got a 180* bend (EI: two 90's) and plenty of straight length.

Something like this but in in 304 SS: Summit Racing SUM-621001 - Summit Racing® Exhaust Tubing Mandrel Bends - Overview - SummitRacing.com

Pick up 2 j-bends. It's basically a u-bend but with one longer leg. It's got a 180* bend (EI: two 90's) and plenty of straight length.

Something like this but in in 304 SS: Summit Racing SUM-621001 - Summit Racing® Exhaust Tubing Mandrel Bends - Overview - SummitRacing.com

Thanks guys

i know i really only need one 180* bend total for the passenger side WG the driver side WG can come almost straight down.

I just found this site Stainless Steel Ubends
they seem pretty cheap does it matter if i get welded or seamless?

HOly crap!!!!!! 12 T-bolt clamps for 22 dollars... That's only 1.83 each! The cheapest i've EVER got one was 2.50 and normally have paid around 4 bucks or more each for them.

Great link...when this forum gets busy we need to sticky this thread for sure!!!!

Definitely went with that CXRacing T-bolt deal.

Just putting these up to show others in case there was a question about quality.

A little bonus with these is that they actually have their recommended size engraved on the outside of the band, unlike other brands (such as Clampco) that do not.

Oh no. I'm too late.

I got those clamps with a "universal" piping kit from CXRacing. I've since thrown all those clamps out and bought FULL SS ones from SiliconeIntakeSystems. The t-bolt part on the CXRacing ones are not stainless and will rust. I broke half them the first time I had to adjust them. They must not like road salt.

I just got a 130amp MIG for Christmas, hence my reason for looking at this thread again. Time to start buying fab parts.

If you didn't already, pick up a cylinder of 75/25. Gasless MIG welding sucks.

Yep. Got a cylinder of 75/25 too. I just need to get a regulator for it. And some gloves.

PSU offers welding training once the spring semester starts up again. Already signed up. :thumb:

Yep. Got a cylinder of 75/25 too. I just need to get a regulator for it. And some gloves.

PSU offers welding training once the spring semester starts up again. Already signed up. :thumb:

Nice! What brand? You can get a regulator from harbor freight for cheap and it works well. I would say .023 is a good size wire to start with.
Not sure how much you know,but keep in mind when switching from flux to mig you have to reverse the polarity of the machine and change that garbage wire.
I have a few pairs of gloves, one of them being the brown set from lincoln that I got from home depot. They are probably my least favorite. Work well for mig, but I think they started to shrink when i tig'd with them.
My next set will be a set of tillman gloves.

regulator
Regulator Gauge

Mig pliers
8" MIG Welding Pliers

I had to buy a regulator and hose off ebay awhile back and the damn thing cost me $70 :ohdamn:

I found that same regulator from Harbor Freight and saw the good reviews. Plan on buying that sometime soon.

It's a Craftsman. Nothing too special. My parents heard me talking about needing to borrow a welder to dome some exhaust work with this new turbo setup and took it upon themselves to buy me this for Christmas. Should work fine for all this smaller tubing I'm doing. As I see it, it's a good first MIG.
Sears: Online department store featuring appliances, tools, fitness equipment and more

Got a Hobard Auto-darkening hood with it too. So I'm set there.

I'll have to pick up a set of those pliers. They seem really useful.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back